“Smells very badly”
Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The property had a strong urine odor while we were there. Other guests noticed this. Has items stolen from our car overnight. Not a pleasant stay. Would not recommend unless you need to be in the area. Other properties are nicer/cleaner/newer/cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Tantalum129,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like to address your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B

There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel outside and in public areas is very nice and clean, the staff friendly. The location was nice, a bit off the beaten path. The room was comfy with nice furniture (the big TV and couch being useful) and a comfortable bed. The bathroom however looked old. Floor tiles were worn out, the grout cracked. The shower worked but seemed aged. Most noticeable was the hole in the ceiling paint, from which water condensation dripped after even short showers. I was there for two nights with my wife - I would consider staying in this hotel again, but would first consider other options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Andrew-Jay S,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room amenities, cleanliness and friendly staff.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the bathroom. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We will address these points. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

First impressions are important, but unfortunately this time they were also misleading. Walking into the lobby, I thought we had a nice place to stay. Got in the elevator and it was dirty, didn't think much of it. Walked into our room and it smelled. Not sure if it was of old smoke or what, but it was not pleasant. Thankfully I always bring fabric refresher, just in case. Sprayed the room down before we went to dinner and it seems to have helped. It is at least tolerable. Next issue is the bathroom. Long overdue for an overhaul. It looks dirty and worn. Not what I really want to use. We just left a Holiday Inn in Buffalo, that was great, so this is very disappointing. We are in the Hamilton area a few times a year for medical appointments, and we will be sure to pass this hotel on all future visits.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My, family vacationed from Charleston, S.C. area here and booked the room with Hotwire.com. We forgot to ask for a fold away/roll out bed for my daughter. After we checked in they were able to locate one for us. Upon checking out the front desk manager refused to charge it to us since "It would be more trouble". I could have paid in cash or credit to the hotel but he refused!!!
When we visit again we will stay here again for sure. And not just for the free bed.

Room Tip: Ask for the end room near the stairs they are quieter. Also on the weekend ALOT of wedding guest us...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here recently due to a baseball tournament and our preferred hotels were sold out.

First the positives: free parking, close to the highway and many shops and strip plazas, cheap rates.

Negatives:the staff and the hotel itself all seem to be tired of doing what they do. Rooms are fine - basic but in need of freshening up. Bathroom tiles need to be grouted. Paint chipped off of doorways and frames. No closet or mini-fridge in room. A/C turned off in hallways and on elevators (temp outside was 100F when we arrived). Staff do their jobs but are really going through the process more mechanically than with any genuine enthusiasm. I realize it is Hamilton and there is not too much to get excited about but a smile wouldn't hurt. The night before we stayed in the HI Express in Syracuse and they have posters on the walls of the elevator asking guests to rate their service and anything less than an "A" is a failure to them. Seems like they care. This HI Express gives the impression it doesn't. I am a rewards member but received no acknowledgment in any way...

Previous posters complained about the conditions of the area but it is not that bad. New plaza just opened up around the corner and there is a Golden Griddle restaurant next door. 5 minutes along Centennial Parkway there are a ton of places to shop and eat.

It seems like an odd place to have a hotel but if HI have gone to the trouble of building it at least try and make it work.

It would not take too much to make this a good choice to stay in Hamilton. Not sure if the will is there.....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Only gripe I had here was that they could not provide a crib for my Grandson. Reception said they had only one in the entire hotel. So parents with young children should take note and bring a travel crib.
Our room was perfectly clean, the beds were comfortable. Bathroom small and clean but hey what do people expect. It's not the Ritz Carleton and is priced accordingly. I got plenty to eat at breakfast despite the restrictions of my gluten free diet. I had yoghurts, banana, and tea. For people on nonrestrictive diets there's lots of cereal, toast, etc. All you can eat.
We stayed 2 nights and would probably go back if we didn't want to pay for luxury.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel is just ok.... In my experience, and I travel quite a bit and frequently stay at Holiday Inn expresses. This Holiday Inn Express is sub par to the others I have stayed at. The Staff were ok, I was not greeted as a Gold Priority Club member like usual, and my room and card package was not ready.....this is not really a big deal, however the chain of hotels has set a high bar...and it is somewhat expected and nice. The room they put us is was not very good at all....it reeked of smoke! I asked to be moved and the staff was very accomadating. This room was clean and nice. The hotel is on the older side and pretty tired. We were here for a wedding, so we were not in our room for long. It did the job just fine. If you are looking for a really nice room you are going to be spending time in, this might not be the place for you. Breakfast in the morning was the standard Holiday Inn Express breaky...and it was great. This hotel was good for what we needed it to for. I would stay here again under the circumstances...there was not a lot of options in this area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Bobby T,

Thank you for staying with us. As a Gold Elite member you are on of our most important guests. I apologize you were not greeted as such when you checked in. I'm glad to hear our staff was able to get you into another room quickly.

You comments are important to us and will be shared with the appropriate departments.

Thanks again,