“Great Pad Thai...”

Neighborhood: Downtown Hamilton
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Pad Thai...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the chicken and shrimp Pad Thai with the spring rolls and it was good food, others had the currie and it was a bit on the spicy side, if you like it hot than this is a spot for you. My pad thai was not spicy it was just great!

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great Little Thai Restaurant - Great Food and Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love thai food and have had a lot of Thai in and around Toronto and I would have to say this is one of the better places I have been too. Went to this little place with friends and the foods was great and the service was good. The decor made you feel as if you were closer to Thailand. I would go back again.

• Visited May 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“scary owner and food borne illness”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been to Thai memory a few times since my husband and I love thai food.
The owner is ridiculous....you walk into the restaurant and he is screaming about his landlord on the phone and providing detailed info about his problems with numbers! Talk about a welcome...and that wasn't the first time! He has got to tone it down...not very appealing to walk in to the place and hear him saying his boiler is broken....i'm sorry...does that mean you're operating a restaurant without hot water? so you can't wash your hands or clean your dishes?...Hmmmm

Their food is ok (not the best i've ever had)...but the last two times we've been sick after eating there. We know it was them because in my profession I determine the cause of foodborne illness. I will definitely not be going back......which is too bad because there are not too many decent thai places in Hamilton.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank tania21710
Toronto, Canada
“Good food but watch out for owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been there a few times now and the experience seems to be the same - the food is good (I don't think I would say it's heads above other thai restaurants - certainly Coconut Thai in Burlington is better). A criticism is that the owner seems overly stressed and running around all the time. I respect an entrepreneur working hard, but it adds to a negative energy in the place. If you ask too many questions, he seems to get flustered/annoyed. He waits on too many tables by himself which is likely why he has no patience for questions(he's already thinking about all the other things he needs to do). It's not that he was ever hostile to me, but warm and welcoming is not how I'd describe it either.

He has an assistant who does not take orders, but will: clean tables, seat customers, bring water, bring drinks, bring extra napkins, bring the food that comes up from the basement, answer questions, bring any extras, etc..... all the things that a waitress does. Just gauging the dynamics with the owner as an outsider(who usually has a pretty good read on people), I doubt that there is a typical 'sharing' of tips with this assistant and if so, its likely a small amount. I really doubt he gives a fair share...

The food is good but an improvement in the customer service side would improve this place. Surprised that this is rated so high for Hamilton...

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Fireplace2237
Hamilton, Canada
“We love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Eat here several times a year, one of our family favorites! The atmosphere is best in this restaurant and the food is good too.

• Visited December 2012