“Flavourful food that never disappoints”
Review of Thai Memory

Thai Memory
Ranked #353 of 1,234 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Hamilton
Hamilton, Canada
“Flavourful food that never disappoints”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Anyone who visits or lives in Hamilton would do well to eat at Thai Memory. You will be hard pressed to find a better meal at a great price anywhere in the city. My fiance and I go at least once a month and have never had an unpleasant experience. Pat runs the place upstairs and his wife runs the kitchen downstairs. It is a small operation so the food takes time, but the attention to detail and amazing flavours are worth the wait. If you want fast food, go get a cheap ripoff of Thai food at the food court in the mall!! This place is all about authenticity. It is dimly lit and extremely peaceful. A welcome change from a sports bar with tv's everywhere.

I recommend ordering an appetizer platter and sharing the three flavour red snapper with a side of coconut rice. You can get all of that for under $40. Other excellent choices include BBQ duck red curry, Lychee Beef (for those who don't like spicy food) and Pad Thai (the best i've had).

The owners truly put their heart and soul into the place and it really should be full every night. With so many poor restaurants in the area, it amazes me that this place is usually empty. As for the review above stating they could not get a table... just ask, he'll give you the table you want. I have never had a problem choosing a table there before.

Give Thai Memory a shot, you won't be disappointed and you certainly will leave with a feeling of wanting more in the future.

• Visited July 2011

Hamilton, Canada
“Fab food, bad service.”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was seated when I arrived in the nearly empty room right next to a loud group and in the back in the dark. I wasn't given the chance to express my preference. When my guest arrived I could not hear her trying to say she could not read the menu because it was so dark. There was a beautiful table set for three at the front window and when I requested it the waiter-owner? said "no! every one wants that table!" Well yeah!! So we sat beside it, quieter and brighter but not as nice. The food was fabulous -try either of the two duck dishes-and plentiful-when they say spicy they mean it- and a good value. The waiter was on his computer the whole time and it was hard to get his attention. I think we should be his only job while we are dining.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank scubafann
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Authentic food. Great decor. Neat furniture.”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Authentic food. Great decor. Neat furniture.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook