“Absolute best value for East Indian Food”

The Himalayan Restaurant
Ranked #256 of 1,255 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This a little hole in the wall which is a treasure of delicious East Indian food. It is all vegetarian and I must admit that I often have no idea what I am eating but I have never been disappointed. The staff are very friendly and the majority of their business is takeout, they also have about 15 seats. The absolute best, best Samosas in the city come from here. I have eaten in a few times but must admit my weakness is stopping and picking up their Samosas which besides tasting fantastic cost only fifty cents each. One warning is that they are closed on Tuesdays (which I always forget).

2  Thank David B
There are newer reviews for The Himalayan Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have heard great things about this restaurant from an Indian-Canadian I know well ... my sons are still looking for the best Chicken Korma in Hamilton area and we were hoping to find it at The Himalayan! I look forward to going next time I am going for Indian without my meat-loving sons ...

2  Thank huntersmith8181
Reviewed August 7, 2013

While on way to Canadain Warplane museum all the way from Mississauga, thought to check this restaurant based on high ratings. It could be incidental that day but I will like to say it is not worth it and this is based on collective thoughful feedback of 2 seniors, 2 adults and a child before putting in this rating. Food was just OK, garlic was not fried in the way it should have been so leaving a bad taste in mouth. Mango Lassi was sour and feel extra sugar was put to suppress that. I guess one can still give benefit of doubt to the taste but no compromise on cleanliness. There were flies all along, more irritating since AC was not effective and this place is small. I have not explored other options in Hamilton but will like to do so as soon as I get chance but I am sure there must be better options around.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Some of the best Indian food I've ever tasted. All vegetarian, but meat lovers would love it too. So flavourful and delicious. It's an unassuming little place, which makes it even better! I had the kahari paneer and it was awesome. A+

Reviewed November 15, 2012

A real gem, I came upon it one day by accident. It's located just off Centennial parkway...in a strip mall of all places. Very small eat in restaurant - very few tables - always busy. There is a huge take out crowd, the place is always bustling and there is a reason why. The food is excellent, fresh, well presented and very well priced. Over all, a great value. The waitress is very friendly, professional and explains what you are getting, makes recommendations. Great flavors, experience, nice vibe. I usually get the Vegetarian Special sampling: Thali for $6.99 - excellent combination of whatever the specials are that day, always fresh and well worth the price. And if you have a sweet tooth, also be sure to pick up one of their home made desserts - and they have many. I choose from one of the burfis made with sweetened condensed milk and sometimes with coconut or carrot. cardamon and butter. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Cana1Toronto