“Great place to stay with families travelling on a budget!”
Review of Days Inn Hamilton

Days Inn Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Super impressed by this hotel-not only did they meet the best price advertised on the net and were one of the most affordable places in Hamilton, my family was VERY impressed with the staff, rooms and service. Our travelling competitive basketball family got everything they wanted for a weekend stay on a budget-complimentary breakfast; fridge and microwave included in room price; Wonderfully refreshing to have caring desk and service staff that made us feel comfortable with our stay. Not only would we recommend this hotel as 4 star, we have already booked our next stay here and will be back again. Other team members who booked "up town" told us we were smarter booking here!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ottawashootingstar
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

Thank you for the excellent comments. Greatly appreciated. Waiting to see you again. All the best.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

#1 in Hamilton...probably saying more about the other hotel options in Hamilton than the Days Inn!
It all worked out very well though. Got a great rate on their website, checked in about 30 minutes later and were expecting me. Friendly staff. The room was the surprise, it was very nice. Modern, 4 pillows, LCD tv, wasn't expecting such a decent room. Free wifi, free and easy parking, free continental breakfast, good for a bagel and apple. Its just on the edge of downtown and I found the area good. 24 hour store and a Tim's down the block.
While I'd like to try a more interesting hotel in Hamilton next time I'm not sure if there are any...considering the room, value and convenience I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank raveman2001
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2010

Thank you for staying with us. Appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you soon.
Cheers.

Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2010

The Days Inn in Hamilton was recently built in 2008 so everything is nice and new, including flat screen TV, mini fridge & microwave in room. The location could be a plus or a minus, depending on what you are looking for. It is right in downtown Hamilton but the surrounding area is not a very nice neighbourhood. Complimentary wireless internet access is offered, which is a big plus.

Service could be improved upon. To my surprise, there is no elevator and nobody offered to help me carry my bags up the stairs to my room. In fact, two housekeepers stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched me struggle with my large suitcase and two carry-on bags.

Breakfast was just average, and cleanliness of my room was less than optimal. It was obvious the bathroom mirror had not been cleaned prior to my arrival and there were stains on one of the towels. In addition, the heater fan in the room was very noisy and woke me up whenever it started up.

Overall, if I were to return to Hamilton, I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

Sorry as to how you feel about our hotel. I am surprised to know that you did not like the location. So far we have never had any problems or bad reviews about the location.
We will take your advice with other concerns.

We can assure that if at all you plan to come back, you will see the difference.

All the best.

Reviewed January 1, 2010

Stayed here in early November, was in town for business and needed a clean hotel close enough to the office. Last time I was in Hamilton I came across the Days Inn Hamilton and have been sold since. Im not in Hamilton often but when business requires this hotel has become my home away from home. Location is great, rooms are clean, and the staff is very helpful. All in all good value and once again would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This is a very nice hotel and I had a pleasurable stay here. The staff was very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you again.

Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn with A couple Friends in August for a night out on the town.

Upon arrival we found a baby shoother in the room. At this time we didnt really say anything and let it be.
Rooms were small ... but okay.

After checking out I found an Extra $150.00 Charged to my VISA.

I called the Hotel to inquire and have this extra charge removed from my VISA ... only to have the rude manager explain to me that the charge was for a messy room.
I dont know about you ... but every other hotel I have stayed at cleans up the empties and makes the bed, as this is the maids job.

I was balistic considering we arrived to a dirty room and baby soother to begin with.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as you never know what kind of charges will end up on your VISA unauthorized upon leaving.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank kk86Ontario
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2010

Hi

It is surprising that after so months and going through all channels of complaining, such as Days Inn Head office etc, you are now sending this review. The saying that " grapes are sour" is very true, because when you checked in you had 2 rooms and you mentioned to the front desk Agent as to you were so happy with rooms etc. You were charged extra because that nite you guys were told a few times not to make noise in the hallway and in the rooms, you did not listen and in the morning we had to refund a few guests close to your rooms for the inconviences caused by you. This reply should make other people be aware that we do care for our in house guests who would like a good sleep.

Reviewed December 11, 2009

If you are going to stay at this hotel make sure you request a room that is not on Main Street. The only thing seperating you from the loud cars, buses, drunk party goers is a 4ft sidewalk and a very thin wall. Stayed there with young kids for a hockey tournament and did not sleep at all. The staff did not accomodate request to change rooms although many were available.

The manager claims he will give me an adjustment of $25 - what a rip off!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HockeyDad18
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2009

Sorry about it, as I mentioned to you on the phone, and yes $25 + 13% tax has been refunded to your credit card.

On that night, we did not have anymore rooms with 2 beds available, and yes you did tell the front desk you would go into a room with 1 bed, but I believe you were 3 in total, so we do not allow 3 people to go into a room with 1 bed.

By the way, the walls are thicker than required by law, however, looks like you are a light sleeper like me.

Once again, sorry about it. All the best.