“Clean and affordable in downtown Hamilton, Ontario”
Review of Days Inn Hamilton

Days Inn Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early February, 2013. There was a group of us, so we got to see a lot of the rooms. All were clean and presentable, although no flair or style to the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathrooms are updated and everything worked to our satisfaction. Rooms are well sound-proofed. Although we didn't eat breakfast, some of the group did....the eating area is at the front of the hotel and provides waffles, cereals, muffins, etc. The only fruit was apples. The location of the hotel is right downtown and the parking on-site, however if the hotel is full, guests might have to park off-site. There is no pool or outside area for lounging or sitting; also no gym. The staff were very helpful and polite. Overall, this is a good location for a night or two. Good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room at the back. Some of the front rooms are practically on the main street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for your honest comments and for staying with us. We will try to better your stay next time.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here one night this winter, room was clean and quiet, staff was friendly and was impressed with the continental breakfast included with our room. Was also nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for the excellent comments. We hope to see you again. All the best.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

From out of province and in Hamilton for medical treatment fror my daughter. We cannot say enough good things about our stay!

The hotel is easy to get to, plenty of parking, in a safe area, close to the General Hospital. The hotel is clean and recently updated.

Our room had a very comfortable queen-sized bed - and this is saying something as I have chronic back troubles often requiring me to stay at higher-end hotels. We were very impressed!

The staff were all very professional, helpful and friendly. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it! Hands down this was the best Days Inn I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

It was our pleasure to look after your Daughter and yourself. We all hope and Pray that your Daughter feels better soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any help. All the best.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

For the price, you can do far better... The Staybridge is a much better value at only $9 more per night, based on double-occupancy with a Queen-sized bed... I don't know what the price of the Sheraton is, at King & James, but I'm certain it would be relatively comparable.
My main issue is that I required a receipt for my stay (tax purposes), and I had neglected to receive mine when I checked out (I had requested one, but apparently their printer wasn't working).
When I called a couple of days later to see if they could mail me one, they told me that it wasn't their policy, and wanted to charge my Credit Card for 61 cents for a stamp. Really???
That was absolutely insulting. I hope that I can prevent at least one or two people from staying here in the future, and show them what 61 cents can cost them in terms of lost business.
On the plus side, the rooms were quiet, and I managed to have a decent night's sleep, but their continental breakfast wasn't the best. I'd prefer in the future to take my chances on somewhere else than to revert to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room to get a good sleep, ask for the 2nd floor, and to be on an inner side...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank James G
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Sorry to know your concerns. Without knowing your name and room number, it is very difficult for us to look further into your concerns. Also, I have asked all the Front desk agents, nobody remembers your concerns. By the way, postage stamps are more than .61c. Please call me to discuss further,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Reviewed November 26, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012