“Worst hotel!!!”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Sudbury
“Worst hotel!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Worst hotel for the price. Could have stayed at another hotel with better service. Housekeeping did not clean our room, breakfast was terrible, hotel was dirty, front desk staff was very rude at the best of times. If you are looking to rent the room by the hour, this is the place.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank blingblingSudbury
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Sorry to know that your stay was not satisfactory. Surprisingly, you were part of a group of 14 rooms, and on checking out, your group leader mentioned that everybody was happy. However, please call me to discuss further about your issues. Once again, I do apologize. Thank you.

Azim Kassam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the close proximity to a concert venue downtown. While the hotel advertises itself as accessible, there is no elevator in the building. I struggled to make it up the two flights of stairs to the room that was assigned. Because the hotel was fully booked, a different room could not be provided. Even more problematic was that there were no accessible parking spots available. I have an accessible parking permit but was told that the spots are given out to other guests without permits just because the hotel doesn't have enough parking spaces for each room. I had to park half a block away in a church parking lot that was very dimly lit and stumble over uneven terrain and curbs to get back to the hotel. The desk staff on that night told me that "I was young" and should have no difficulty walking or climbing stairs. I found this to be quite rude since I obviously had a legal permit and am anything but young. Perhaps it would have helped if there was a more visual reinforcement such as a wheel chair..... I would not return to this hotel for any reason. Although it was quite clean, the area of downtown is poor and the lack of parking spots would be inconvenient for anyone. To make a mockery of a person's disability or presume to know what a person is or is not capable of physically, is just unethical. If you have any physical challenges, this is not the place for you to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Simcoegirl
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I am sorry for the inconvience. Seems like there was some misunderstanding, please call me at the hotel. Thank you.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Who would have thought that for a budget motel we would have been so very lucky! The motel is exceptionally clean, the front desk staff so very nice, friendly and accomodating, and the layout of the room was lovely. I can't say enough about it - the best ever! The motel also sent me its own survery as well to which I replied with my best compliments. Thank you for a wonderful overnight stay. So nice we wished we were staying longer. But that's where we will on our next visit to the Hamilton area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne D
Thank you. See you soon.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I was travelling to the area on a budget, I didn't need anything fancy so I was relieved to find a decent hotel in the area. The hotel was very clean which was of the utmost importance to me. The neighbourhood was a little rough but the amenties and the staff made up for this. All of the staff were very helpful especially the housekeeping staff. I was very happy about the option of parking, especially with the additional parking that was provided around the corner. I was also happy to have the option of grabbing a quick bite to eat in the morning.I definitley would return if I went back to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us. See you again soon.

Kapuskasing, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a great stay at this motel. The motel staff were great with us. Clean rooms just spotless. We stayed there 13 nights. We can't say anything negative about this motel.
The continental breakfasts were just delicious. We felt just like at home.

Days Inn
Hamilton, ON

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Raymond M
Thank you for your kind words.Hope your mother is feeling better. Hope to see you for your holidays.

Webster, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The parking lot is no indication of how wonderful this hotel is. This was the cleanest hotel in which I have ever stayed. If I ever need to stay in Hamilton again, this hotel will be at the top of the list. It's a great value!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank David P
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Appreciate your kind review. Hope to see you again. Thank you.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

As always, it is key to do some advance planning to manage your expectations for all hotel stays. This is a budget property, in not-the-nicest neighbourhood of downtown Hamilton. Knowing those factors should ensure you have an appropriate baseline for comparison. I was here with a sports team of teenaged boys, in town for a busy tournament weekend. I was not there for a romantic weekend of luxury. I was not expecting anything other than a reasonably priced hotel, convenient to where we needed to be, and clean. This hotel delivered on those fronts. The Days Inn is not elegant or fancy, nor does it try to be. Breakfast/lobby area is plain and functional, not elaborate. Room was basic, sparse, but clean. Front desk service was pleasant, and efficient. Wireless internet worked fine. Price was certainly reasonable. Breakfast was included, and while absolutely nothing to get excited about, at least we could grab a quick bite on the way out. No complaints, and for the price we weren't expecting anything super. A coffee, a banana, works for me. The breakfast area isn't big, though, so you may want to plan on taking your quick breakie back to the room. Keep in mind this hotel is situated in what appears to be a somewhat sketchy area of downtown. We were in a large group so felt completely safe, but I am not sure I'd want to be hanging around outside this hotel late at night, alone. There is a Tim Horton's across the street which is nice to have handy - though the clientele at night there was a little rough around the edges. No issues, though, and I probably sound like a snob by saying that. Parking is included in the rate, but keep in mind the parking lot is very small. If there are no spaces left, you need to let the front desk know and they will give you a parking pass to park in the nearby church parking lot. This hotel served our needs and its purpose for this particular trip. I wouldn't necessarily vacation there, but for somewhere to use as base camp, and sleep/shower ... it was just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clamc40
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write the review. Your comments are helpful and we will try to do our best. Yes the area does look a bit sketchy but we have been here for over 4 years and no problems because the local Police Station is just 2 blocks away and they do make rounds in whole of downtown.

Hope to see you again.