“Great soup”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great soup”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The soup was fantastic but I wasnt all that impressed with their fried sping rolls. Service was very good, no complaints there

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Sub Par Experience.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been here a few times and it has been sub par at best. Just avoid this place.

The service at Binh Minh is terrible, you can't even ask about menu items because the server doesn't speak or does not understand English. Just expect to write a number down on a ledger and have her come and take it - sometimes without even a hello or greeting. I did not feel welcomed or at home - I felt like a was inconveniencing the staff by dining there.

If you are dining with others expect your meals to come at completely different and erratic times. One time I was dining with friends and they got meals to eat at table and meals to go in addition. They got both their meal & their to go orders before I had even received my meal. I had to sit there and watch them eat and nearly finish their meals before I even had a plate in front of me....so much for a meal out with friends.

Lets get past the poor service though and onto the abysmal quality of the food itself.

I have had bad experiences on more than one occasion where the chicken was not prepared properly. On one occasion I think there was more cartilage and bone than chicken meat in the pad thai I had ordered. The noodles themselves did not have a clean/fresh taste to them - they tasted really strongly of heavily used cooking oil.

I have also received the same kind of problem in my pho soup. The chicken meat that was in the soup was very rubbery and with cartilage attached. I also received a chicken organ in my soup which has caused me to stop visiting(if I wanted sup par food with a mystery organ in it I would've chosen McDonald's it's cheaper).

The amount of seafood/chicken/meat you get in their dishes is seriously lacking in comparison to other thai/viet places I've been to. If you are into overpaying for a lot of noodles and very little protein this is your place.

The portion sizes here are average to fair, but their contents tell the real story. Usually the place overfills the dishes in cheap ingredients like broccoli, bell peppers, noodles and skimps on the more costly ingredients like proteins. You'll get a decent portion at binh minh but it will be almost entirely noodles and economy style veggies.

Overall a really poor experience, and a restaurant I'll do everything in my power to avoid. Plenty of better Thai/Viet places in Hamilton.

Binh Minh is not a place I'd recommend to anybody looking for a quality thai/viet experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Andrew D
Hamilton, Canada
“Definitely not very happy-- be careful here”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We ordered some spring rolls, and some seafood with soft noodles.

Although the spring rolls were to contain shrimp, vegetables, and rice vermicelli, basically all we saw was the rice. So here is $4.00 of complete profit. All rice noodle spring roll.

As for the seafood and soft noodles, lots of nice vegetables. But for the whole plate one could count two small shrimp, a few pieces of squid, and a few small slices of scallops.

Sorry Mr.Owner with the nice smile, but who are you trying to fool. We did not leave a tip, and will not be back to be taken again....too little for too much. Continue like this and you will not be in business by Christmas.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank TheWanderingCannuck
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Not bad for something different in Hamilton”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurant is at the side of a strip mall, so it's not that easy to spot from the street. Parking might be a bit tricky during busy times.

We had 2 entrees, 2 appetizers. One appetizer was from the dim sum menu and it was not very good - the sticky rice in lotus leaves was dry, bland and had little stuffing. The large pho bowl was good and the rice dish was good (meat well marinated and tasty).

Service was attentive and friendly. Unfortunately, the food took a little while to arrive. The dim sum item was the last to arrive when it should have been one of the first.

If you want something different when in Hamilton, Binh Minh is a decent alternative.

• Visited February 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Great place to eat ...best Pho”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I find this restaurant excellent for a quick and wonderful flavour lunch. The service can be off some days but the food makes up for it. Everything is Freshly made. the Mango Salad with Shrimp is a favorite. The soup 36A is excellent. Always busy this tells you something and very resonable.

• Visited December 2012