“One of the areas best culinary experiences”
Review of Seven Windows Restaurant - CLOSED

Seven Windows Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I come here now and then, and the food hasn't disappointed yet, the waiters are first class and the food very good. The soup is especially good I get it everytime we eat here.

Date of visit: September 2013

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've dined at Gramercy Tavern, Eleven Madison Park, Perry St and hundreds of Michelin rated and 'Best' restaurants in New York, and I'm not sure why this restaurant gets a bad review sprinkled in every few months. If you're a foodie, you'll love this place. Recently I've been to both Scaramouche, Rosewater and Stock in Toronto and was not impressed with them nearly as much as I am with Seven Windows. Vanessa is a joy, the food is impeccable, and I would reccommend this to anyone.

Date of visit: September 2013
2  Thank Christina P
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Somewhat off the beaten track but close to the trending Locke Street area. A bit rich for everyday but has become our favourite for "special occasion" dining. We have taken friends to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and have always been impressed with the menu and fabulous presentations.

1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have been dining in Seven Windows for a while now. Each time I find myself saying that I will not go there again. I was given a gift certificate over the holidays and I wanted to use it up. I must admit the food is great, tasty and creative. However, it was over-priced, over-salted and with heavy sauces, but great for going out once in a while. However the attitude of the owner who also functions as a waitress was unacceptable. She made a really obvious mistake in our bill, when we pointed out to her she only partially corrected it and did not even apologize. We asked her to correct it properly, and then she corrected it but was mad at us. I have heard from many of my friends similar themes: the food is great but service is terrible. At these prices (about $100 a person with no wine), you are paying for service not just for food. For great dining experience in the western part of the city, I would recommend trying out Bistro Parisien, Quatrefoil and Claudio's Ristorante over Seven Windows anytime.

2  Thank True-blue-4ever
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have never applauded a chef before--but our group of ten did so after a business dinner at the Seven Windows. Everything about this restaurant and the service was splendid and graciously handled. The ambience is elegant: the glasses shine and snow-white cloths adorn the tables.

Though members of our group had various dishes, we were uniformly delighted. In appetizers, the scallops were large, fresh, and scented with fennel; the pate was beautifully served, and the salads were crisp and full of fresh, interesting textures. As for the main courses, the lamb was succulent and delicately herbed; the steak was cooked to perfection for everyone; and those who chose scallops for their main course rhapsodized about them. Creme brulee was the most-chosen dessert--and this was no run-of-the-mill custard; it was pure, extravagant cream burnished to perfection.

I cannot praise this restaurant enough. Thanks to Vanessa (co-owner) for making us feel so welcome and for your knowledge about each menu item, to our server Aaron, and--of course--to chef Henry.

1  Thank Dalry