“Tempting Treats” 5 of 5 bubbles

With the Grain
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Guelph
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Enjoy our all day breakfast, seasonal sandwiches & salads, and fresh baked treats in our Cafe. Drop by the Bakery across the street for artisanal breads and tempting baked goods to carry home. Take-out & catering also available!
Toronto, Canada
“Tempting Treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I'm glad I decided to try With The Grain for lunch today. I'm making frequent trips to Guelph for business, and was looking for "slow food" as opposed to "fast food". With The Grain is well worth the visit. The sunny yellow interior of the restaurant walls matches the sunny disposition of my server - who's serve was well-paced, and genuinely seemed interested in whether I was enjoying the food. Had 2 of the daily specials - a cup of the roasted tomato soup with couscous that was chock-o-block full of veggies and had a beautiful smokey undertone, and the "Turkey Sammy" with house-made pesto on one of the fresh-baked breads from the bakery located just across Woolwich Street. Happily washed both down with the multi-tea with lemon iced tea. Just leaving town - but with a bag from the bakery filled with loaf of spelt bread, cheddar and walnut biscuits, and 2 date squares!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us such a nice review! I hope we'll see you again next time you're in town!

Guelph, Ontario
“Where you should go for lunch in Guelph, Ontario, Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

With the Grain is a bakery/restaurant in Guelph, Ontario, open for breakfast, lunch and to about 5pm. I have been eating there at least once a week for 14 years. It's located in an old restored house. It has the 3 things I look for in a restaurant: quality food, atmosphere and good service. The food is excellent, fresh and healthy. I am vegetarian and I have been eating their salads. They come up with great variations on this simple theme; for example, kale, chick peas, red peppers, sunflower seeds with a lovely dressing. Their coffee is from Planet Bean, a Guelph roaster of high quality beans, and never disappoints. I find their desserts a bit too sugary but I always find one that suits my taste buds.They are so popular that one often has to wait to get a table but the wait is worth it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Francis! We're going to be adding a new salad to the menu soon so you'll have to let us know if you like it too. We really appreciate your continued support over the years!
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Great food for a special treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

With the Grain is definitely one of my favourite spots in Guelph, and their fresh bread is often a weekend breakfast/brunch staple in my home. Their other treats (the squares are my favourite! I can't even pick one... they're all fabulous) are AMAZING.

The staff is always friendly and can always recommend something if you're having trouble. I also like the sandwiches when I'm craving a sandwich that I didn't make - my favourite is the BATH (bacon, avocado, tomato, harvati).

The food is definitely a little on the pricey side for baked goods, but in my opinion it is always worth it for a special treat :)

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks so much for your review Kyla! I will be sure to pass your review on to our bakers, they will certainly appreciate them!
Elora, Canada
“one of my favorite spots for a quick stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Delicious baking, breads, soups and sandwhiches. If going past (as I don't live in Guelph) I always make a point to stop in for some scones, muffins or squares.
Only thing I have noticed recently is that the staff aren't always very good at listening to the order being placed and don't seem to be as helpful...depending on who serves you, there are a couple who are incredible.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! I will pass along your comments about the service to our front of house coordinator, hopefully next time you are in everyone will be incredible! :) Thanks! And we hope to see you again soon.
“Nice Sunday Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stopped in for a nice Sunday Morning Breakfast and were very happy that we did, my wife had the Trout and poached egg dish and I had oatmeal pancakes with real maple syrup! We really enjoyed these dishes while sitting in front of the gas fireplace. They have wonderful goodies in the Bakery section also. We highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thanks so much for your positive review! I'll be sure to forward your comments to our staff, they will certainly appreciate them. Hope to see you again! :)