“Fantastic Lunch”

With the Grain
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Guelph
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Enjoy our all day breakfast, seasonal sandwiches & salads, and fresh baked treats in our Cafe. Drop by the Bakery across the street for artisanal breads and tempting baked goods to carry home. Take-out & catering also available!
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Grilled peaches with bacon on a panini! It was delicious! The service very friendly as well. It was a great lunch.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stopped in for lunch on way to a friend's cottage.The friend I was with had heard rave reviews! We both had their signature sandwich and dessert: a Ruby Soda with Rhubarb (sweetened with Maple Syrup); a BATH sandwich (bacon, avocado, tomato and Havarti cheese), followed by a sizable chunk of a lemon square for dessert. It was all very good but not a cheap lunch at $36 for two with tax/$40 with tip!

There is a bake shop in the front part where you can buy pies & desserts and directly across the road you can buy bread items + jams from the bakery. We bought a Rhubarb Cherry pie for $14 that was absolutely amazing! I recommend that you try this and I know that I will definitely be back again to pick up another pie - even though it is out of my way.

The atmosphere was good - but no air conditioning and small rooms indoors made for an unpleasantly hot & humid lunch. We were there on a Saturday and although it was busy, it seemed to be a meeting spot where people seemed to cycle through rather than linger at their tables. The waiter was pleasant but seemed rushed and had to apologize to us and others for delays.

Overall - I would recommend going for the experience and good food - just be sure to dress for comfort and to keep cool in the summertime.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've been here many times and will keep coming back. However the service can sometimes be a little too laid back. I sat down and waited 10 or more minutes before they even noticed me. Sighhh...

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Lots of great organic fare. Nice spot for a meeting over coffee. There scones are amazing! And if you can afford the calories - the lemon squares are the best I've tasted.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I went here last summer fir breakfast/lunch and it was incredible. The menu offers an array of food that ir organic for the most part or locally grown. I ordered the toast which came with strawberry jam, which Iater bought from them it was so good! They have a bakery across the street so u can get their baked goods and jams there. I also ordered their English muffin which came with egg, peameal bacon and real cheese. It was mouthwatering and mind blowing. The service was amazing, the waiter seemed to love his job there. The atmosphere is cute, with mismatched chairs and tables. There is often o line up for the dining area as well, it is very popular. I am now a lOngterm customer of their bakery and local food items like honey and jam