“Favourite Summer Hang OUt”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #36 of 405 Restaurants in Guelph
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

On steamy summer days Guelphites walk, bike, or drive to the little old boat house located right on the Speed River, across the street from the park. An interesting collection of ice cream flavours and a casual, comfortable outdoor environment, including a covered patio, make it a popular place for local people. Kiddie cones available to everyone and there's no extra charge for sugar cones. For larger orders, waffle cones are available at no extra cost,
Those ice cream calories can be burned off in a canoe or kayak, which are available for rental on the premises and can be launched from the pier. Since the boat house sits at the river fork, there are lots of options for boaters.
For those who prefer to sit indoors and have a light lunch, the little cafe offers sandwiches, soups, and scones in a clean, antique-like environment. The portions are a bit small for the price, but it's hard to beat the friendly, lazy-summer-days atmosphere.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Brought my daughter for lunch today and was told it would be a 15 minute wait. Totally fine, not an issue. Then was told there was a table outside but that it was in the sun, that was fine with me, I said I would take it. So they directed me to a table outside just to the rigt of the patio. Sat down and waited....and waited....and waited.....the servers never even approached the table at all, so after waiting way too long, I got up and left. The woman who was waiting at the front, who had also been offered that table but turned it down, I told her not to bother with it, they would be sitting out there all say before being noticed so they left behind me.

Very disappointed

1  Thank jenn3535
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is my most favourite place to go to in Guelph whenever I need some "quiet time" or like meet girlfriends. This place has never disappointed me! I love the friendly staff, charming interior and exterior and the varied and excellent menu. There are always daily specials. The coffee is excellent and the staff offer free refills, too. Their scone is one of the best ones I have ever tasted. I love the fact that one can stay there as long as one wants. Parking can be a problem at times with the ongoing construction, however, I have never had any problems. I like the fact that they take reservations, too. I have had the ice cream once and it was delicious. Check it out and I am sure it will become one of your favourites, too!

1  Thank Aimevoyages
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was raining and there was little or no parking close by. Service was good...staff was friendly. Vegetable soup was excellent...quiche was soso.
For a nice snack by the river when you're in downtown Guelph I'd recommend it. Not a high end eatery as I was anticipating.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I took my mother there for high tea on mothers day and was a bit disappointed the tea was flavorless weak and lukewarm and the sandwiches were dry also I think the cream for the scones was out of a can haven't decided if I'm going to go back

1  Thank tanyasub