“Excellent (coming from a hotel employee)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre

Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Toronto
“Excellent (coming from a hotel employee)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Before I start, I want to say that I work at a hotel in Toronto and I am also a Hotel Management student so I believe I have a very critical eye when it comes to service, cleanliness, and all the other stuff associated with hotels and the hospitality industry.

Check-in:
Quick, easy, painless. I came to the hotel around 3:15 or so and I was able to get my room righ away without any problems. The front desk agent was also very friendly. There isnt anything negative that I can say about the check in process.

Room (Standard room with 2 queen beds):
I work in housekeeping at a hotel, so within 30 seconds I can how clean a room is. I cannot fault anything in the cleanliness of the room. I really like the new, modern design. The high ceilings are a really great feature. It makes the rooms feel massive. Also the fact that the windows open up to the outside is great because I enjoy having them open for a little bit at night.

Check-out:
Again, quick, easy and painless. There wasnt any problems with the check-out process and the front desk agent (different person from when check-in) was nice and friendly.

Overall Service and impression:
Since I work in housekeeping, I chose not to have my room cleaned (I was staying 2 nights) because it was only me in the room and I didnt feel it was needed. I left the privacy sign on the door. I ended up getting a call from the housekeeping manager and asked if I did needed anything or if I needed my room cleaned. Also, on my last night, I got a call from a front desk agent to see how my stay was going and if I have any questions. I was very suprised by both calls. I did not expect that kind of service.

Overall I was impressed and will definetly return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank embrace12
aboivingmdeltaguelph, General Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for the great feedback on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the detail and industry perspective you bring to the review. I will be sure to pass this on to the entire team at Delta Guelph. I look forward to welcoming you in Guelph again one day soon. Thanks again, Alan Boivin, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

Stayed one night. Check-in, check-out were very smooth. The room is average size but the 10-foot ceiling gives it a very roomy feel. Loved the mirrors in the vanity area and the large wall mirror. Now for the beds ... super comfortable with lots of pillows ! Thank you ! Also, there was no extra charge for parking as we were spending the night. We did notice meters for hourly parking.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank belleamie10
GSMDeltaDGU, Guest Service Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
I am pleased to read that you had a great sleep when staying with us. Delta Hotels is committed to providing a home away from home for our guests and by using our Sanctury beds we are able to do so. I hope that we have the opportunity to provide you with a great sleep again.
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We are in Guelph for four days and are delighted to be staying in the Delta.As other reviewers have said the Hotel is spotless and has the most friendly staff you could imagine.An excellent business with free internet services and wireless connection in the bedrooms.While the hotel doesnt have its own pool we have free access to the athletic centre (which has a pool) located on the other side of the car park.The hotel is a very short taxi ride ( 12 Dollars for four last night)and within 15 mins walk to a very good shopping mall.
The beds are amazing .Why cant we have a bed like that !
If you are staying in the area I would strongly recommend you give the Delta a try.
Society

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank society
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed only one short night and wished I could have stayed longer. Room was large and comfy. King sized bed was exceptionally comfortable. Staff were friendly, helpful and respectful. It is a shame that there is not pool/hot tub.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tufa44
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

This is probably one of the best Delta hotels I have stayed in. The rooms were large with enough variation of sitting areas. I thought the bath tub choice was a bit odd since it didn't really fit into the aesthetics of the room nor were the unit air conditioners. I also found used tissue on the ground in the corner of the bathroom floor which understandably can be overlooked but nonetheless not satisfactory. Another quirk I noticed was that I set the room temperature to 23 degrees but every time the room was cleaned, the temperature would be set to 21. I felt my preference for comfort and consideration for the environment was not amenable for some reason. Internet access in the room was a big bonus and big desk space with proper task chairs makes working on the road much more comfortable. All in all, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jenmito
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I went to Guelph this past weekend with some friends for a Christmas party and needed a place to sleep.

After calling different hotels, I figured this would be the best deal since it is brand new, has a good name, and was only $20 more than the Ramada and Days Inn, which were running at $118 each (a little overpriced, don't you think?).

I checked in at 5 PM, and upon entering the lobby, knew the stay would be a good once. The front desk girl was very nice and it was quick and hassle free.

We got to our hotel room and were very excited. It was GORGEOUS, not to mention had a flat screen, probably 40 inch TV, down pillows/comforter/mattress covers, and the vanity area was very convenient.. i could shower and close the door, and my friend could still get ready and have use of the mirrors and sink. Huge closet. nice, big, full length mirror... just overall a gorgeous, modern room with two queen beds.

Very quiet stay, it was a Friday night but was extremely quiet. Woke up to the newspaper being delivered outside my door, the Globe & Mail, to be exact, which was a nice option.

The sleep was amazing, it honestly felt like sleeping on a cloud!

Amazing stay, would only ever go back to this hotel!

• Liked — The beds and gorgeous furniture.
  • Disliked — nothing, everything was great
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank travelqueen_24
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

I moved away from Guelph in April of this year after living there for nearly 2 years, in that time many friends and family had visited and stayed in various hotels around town. Of all the ones I have been in it is by far the BEST. The location is excellent, close to shopping, food, the university, bus transportation,a $10 cab ride from downtown, and easily accessible from the 401. I returned to Guelph for a friends christmas party, after seeing the hotel being constructed I was very impressed by my first experience there ( I am sure there will be more), I was able to check in early ( 12pm) even though the hotel was busy with christmas parties, conventions and wedding parties. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a room with a King Size bed, very comfortable! Everything was gorgeous, very clean and nicely kept. I LOVED the large mirrors excellent for getting ready for a night out! Bathroom area was well designed, pocket door makes it seem bigger.
I did not eat at the hotel, but I did have a couple of drinks at the bar, very good service, nice bartender, strong drinks.
Overall excellent hotel, We really enjoyed our stay, but the only draw back is parking. Parking is $9/ night- for a hotel in a mostly suburban area it is overpriced, look around before you pay for parking you might be surprised where you can park for free.
I was there during a very busy weekend so saying the hotel was noisy is an unfair assessment. I, myself was probably just as bad.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling out of town don't waste your time looking around, the price is comparable to other locations and this place is much nicer ( if you need proof check out the place across the street, you will be happy with your decision). Also great for parents visiting university students right across the street from campus!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Worriedtraveler85