“Best in town!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Toronto, Canada
“Best in town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I travel a lot to Guelph on business and have stayed at pretty much all hotels in the area and this one is by far the best. I stayed there after a dinner function and was pleasantly surprised by the facilities, the staff and their manager, Rasti, who goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs and now I always stay there. I strongly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marcio_TO
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments from your recent stay. We are so very pleased to read our staff were helpful and accommodating, and I will be sure to share your kind words of encouragement with our entire team. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Nathan Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ajax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our first trip to Guelph to visit friends. My usual online hotel search narrowed the choice to the Delta or the Holiday Inn just down the road. TA rated them #4 & 5 so not much difference.
Interestingly the first prices shown online were $169 (Expedia and two others) for Delta and $118 Holiday Inn. On going to the Delta site it showed $129 and then after choosing the choice of rooms it popped up to $112 (two queens), a little scary as if I was being watched to compare prices?? When I contacted Delta directly they confirmed the $112 was a recent special which they matched.

As their system was down they agreed to email me a confirmation later. On the day of the stay I had not received the email and called to ensure that we did have the reservation. It was confirmed and at that time I was also told that there was a $12 per night parking fee?? Not a lot but a rip off as I have never been charged to park at any hotel in Canada or the US (without a valet). After a brief discussion the desk clerk agreed to waive this fee as I had not been informed on booking but was told that it is shown in the fine print under their "parking" information.

The staff were friendly and efficient on check in. The room was quite nice but overlooked a busy road. Lucky it was Sunday and the traffic noise was not a factor. It was nice to have real glass as many other chains now have paper and plastic glasses.

The restaurant was hidden in the back and right of the reception desk, it was dark and dreary for the breakfast hours with curtains closed? There is a Cora's just down the street which offers an excellent selection of breakfast and lunch items.

The bed was comfortable but not being a big fan of duvets I found it too warm plus not being tucked in it did not stay in place and was almost side ways on waking.

The hotel is quite new and rooms equipped with motion sensors, dimmers, etc.. I was surprised to see that each lamp had the old style 60w glass bulb as all of Ontario has gone with energy efficient bulbs and I do not believe this type is sold now? I could not read a paper siting on the bed unless the dimmer was turned fully up using 60w instead of the 13 or 15w energy efficient ones.

I did not use it but free wifi is advertised.

Not sure if I would stay ay this Delta again and will probably try the Holiday Inn next time. I did not find the main floor atmosphere accommodating or relaxing,

Even the $4 small bag of chips on the room desk (along with the $12 parking) reminded me of Vegas hotels or a cruise ship where profit was the only objective.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not overlooking one of the busy streets
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigBlue01
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently at Delta Guelph Hotel, and for sharing your feedback after your visit. Your concerns are very important to us, as we are continually working toward providing the best experience possible for each of our guests. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly, but disappointed that you weren't as comfortable in our guest rooms or dining area as we would hope. Our hotel does enforce paid parking, as we are located in an area where most facilities (government buildings, Athletic Club facility and University of Guelph) also have a paid parking system, and at this time our management has determined this is the best way to ensure adequate spacing for all guests. We very much appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share these with our management team for future consideration. We sincerely hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
HALIBURTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

DELTA GUELPH ONTARIO CANADA is by far the most friendliest,and welcoming I have EVER stayed in,the bed is one you don't want to get out of and your wish is their command, just cant praise the staff and the hotel enough,have stayed there 29 times and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are just fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank PAUL G
Dear Mr Paul G,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay. We truly appreciate the kind words you have shared for our staff and facilities, and are very pleased to see that you enjoy each and every one of your visits with us. We can't wait to welcome you back for your 30th trip to Delta Guelph!

Abbotsford, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed 3 nights recently while attending a family function. Great room, very comfortable bed and excellent service. Staff extremely helpful. Just make sure that if they are hosting any junior sports teams that your room is not on the same floor! There was a lot of visiting going on with conversations in doorways and the hallway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CateP42
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us after your recent stay. We are delighted to know that you found your room comfortable and our staff were friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any discomfort or disruption that may have resulted due to other in-house guests with groups. We do our best to continually monitor floors to avoid these situations, but for future reference, please feel free to contact our service agents at any time and we'd be more than happy to address any groups conversing in guest corridors. We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I generally stay at the Delta chain of hotels and must say that this location is the worst in terms of sleep quality. I stayed here for one night for a business trip and have no qualms about the hotel service itself, location, or rooms. The bed, however, was extremely uncomfortable. It was hard and you could feel the springs coming out of the bed. When tossing and turning, you could hear the springs squeaking. I've stayed at Super 8 motels and the beds were more comfortable. Overall, I expected much better coming from a Delta hotel.

Don't even get me started on the hotel restaurant. I will review it in a separate review...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to read that you did not find the bed in your guest room comfortable. Our mattresses are specially designed Serta mattresses, which are a popular brand for many hotels. We apologize for any discomfort experienced during your stay, and will be sure to check your guest room and resolve this issue for future arriving guests. We hope this does not deter you from returning to our hotel, as we would very much like to welcome you back and provide you with the comfortable, enjoyable stay that we strive to provide all guests who stay with Delta.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. Should you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at nathan.brown@deltahotels.com or via phone at 519 780 3700.
Warm regards,
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was here two nights and everyone from the front desk staff to the waiters to the housekeepers were friendly, helpful, full of smiles and Canadian politeness and hospitality. The rooms are spacious and set up like little suites of 3-4 rooms - entrance, sitting area, kitchenette, bathroom, and "master" bedroom. Everything was near perfection - as a frequent traveler I can pick out major and minor flaws but in this room all I can say is that the light switches were a bit confusing because they controlled different lights and outlets. You have to get the right combo of up and down switch positions to navigate the different rooms. The fitness area had a variety of equipment and was clean and well-stocked.

Dinner food was excellent but the breakfast buffet was somewhat lacking. Maybe it was the timing but the hot dishes were getting low and not much cold selection. The location is convenient to the university but far enough off the road so there's no traffic noise. This was my first time to Guelph so I don't know if there are better hotels but I doubt it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Craig D
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Craig D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We are very pleased to see our entire staff were friendly, polite and helpful throughout your stay, as it is our priority to make our guests feel at home while staying with us. It is wonderful that you found your room spacious and clean.
Please accept our apologies for the quality of the breakfast buffet made available during your stay; regardless on the timing, as long as our buffet is available, the food should be just as hot, tasty and plentiful as it would be when first put out. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable dinner experience with us. I will be sure to share both comments with our Head Chef.
Thank you, once again, for sharing your feedback with us. We hope you had a safe trip home, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were attending our daughters University of Guelph Grad in Feb 2014 and had 4 wonderful days at the hotel. I would like to thank the front desk staff for all the help during our stay annd the wonderful breakfasts we had thanks to the kindness of Ines.

Wonderful rooms and a great location near the University. Thanks for all the special memories

Room Tip: Special suite rooms with a fireplace
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim M
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, and we are delighted to see it was an enjoyable experience. It is wonderful to note that our front desk team was helpful and friendly, and that Ines was able to take care of you while you dined with us at our restaurant, Fifty West.
Thank you again for your kind comments. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest in the near future,