“Long wait for disappinting dinner”
Review of Bollywood Bistro

Bollywood Bistro
Ranked #57 of 397 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visited the Bollywood bistro on a Saturday night. We didn't have a reservation so we were seated in the front part of the building which is outside of the main restaurant. I would avoid sitting here in the winter, it was freezing with the door opening and the few tables in this area all had their winter coats on.
Dinner took over an hour to arrive which was to long of a wait for us. We ordered an appitizer of samosa's to share which were hot and good and served with a cilantro sauce I really liked. For dinner, I ordered the lamb vindaloo and it was not good. The meat tasted like mutton, not lamb and it was overcooked. The portion was also small. My spouse ordered butter chicken which didn't taste like any other butter chicken we had had, it had a sweet sauce and not what he expected.
Both meals were around $18 each + the appitizer which I think was $5. It felt like a lot to pay for a poor dinner.
Based on the wait, the cold and most importantly the disappointing dinners I would not recommend this place. If your looking for Indian food in Guelph try Dianna's which is consistantly good.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My son, Brett ,and daughter-in-law,Elke,who recently moved to Guelph, treated my husband and I to dinner on December 16th,2012 at Bollywood Bistro. My husband and I were visiting from Port Elgin, Ontario. It is Brett and Elke's favourite spot for Indian cuisine in the town. And Treat it was! From the first impression the decor was absolutely charming and cozy. Our server was sweet and very efficient which just added to that first impression. And the food was absolutely heavenly. The Fish Tikka(salmon) was melt-in-your mouth. Butter Chicken to crave forever. The Vegetable Pakoras left me wanting more. And,oh...did I mention the homemade Naan?!!! Yum in my Tum. My son commented that the food is consistantly impressionable. That in itself is the reason a first-time guest would become a frequent guest. I have no doubt that I will be treating my son and daughter-in-law the next time I come to Guelph for a visit. Thank you all who made this dining experience an unforgettable event. You are highly recommended by me. My only regret is that you are not in my town. If I have any wishful comment to make would be that the lighting would softly glow over the table tops instead of just on the walls. All else is top star! Debb Poff.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I highly recommend this restaurant. Food is delicious, well priced and nicely presented. Service was friendly and allowed plenty of time to socialize with each other. The decor is unique and the place smells devine. They have a limited, yet well chosen selection of wine. You will need reservation and need to let the server know if you have a time restriction. YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! I wish the dining room chairs were more comfortable.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A friend and I dropped in with no reservation early on a Saturday night for an Indian meal at Bollywood Bistro. We were seated immediately, given menus, but then had a lengthy wait for the return of our server. We finally called someone over who looked after us immediately. We then had another lengthy wait for the first course of our meal, and so began a series of lengthy waits for each course as it arrived. It was difficult to even flag down a server just to ask for more water. Although our service was poor, it was more than made up for by the absolutely delicious food. The Katchumber Salad was a crunchy, fresh beginning to our meal and the Lamb Curry was pronounced to be the best my friend has ever tasted. Our meal was a lengthy affair, but it was definitely worth waiting for. Would I return? Definitely!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I loved Bollywood Bistro!! I have been serveral times and it is always very good! The food tastes very authentic and the atmosphere is nice.