“Did not stay due to very strong, musty smell...”
Review of Crepe Parie - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Ontario, Canada
“Did not stay due to very strong, musty smell...”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I wanted to try the crepes here a short time ago......we walked in and were immediately greeted with a horrible, strong, musty smell...think Value Village but ten times worse....sure didn't feel like eating here after that. Sorry.
Hopefully, they have this problem fixed....

Visited November 2012

“Alright food if you ever finally get it.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We sat ourselves and were given a menu shortly, but It took 30 minutes just to get served. We ordered a couple crepes, cappuccinos, and waters. We got the waters and cappuccinos after we received our crepes.

Really no excuse about the slow sevice; it was only us and another couple. Part of the reason was that the service also had to do all the cooking.

The crepes in the end were good. Ordered a savory crepe and a desert crepe. Just by the time we got them, we wanted to finish them and leave.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst owner ever! The poor staff!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The owner Nicole was the worst! Yelled at her staff infront of guests! It was the staff members first day and obviously wasnt provided any trainibg! I mentioned that I would not return based on how she spoke to her staff and she told me "don't let the door hit your [--] on your way out"! This is how you run your business! She verbally abuses her team and the staff actually applauded me for speaking up! No wonder no one else was there and you were not busy!!! Worst business owner ever!

1 Thank Sarahkrj
Guelph
“great crepes”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this small, clean restaurant offered a wide variety of tasty and interesting crepes. We each enjoyed one for supper and then we shared a sweet one for dessert. It was a lovely evening out for my husband and I .

Visited January 2012
home base - toronto canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went in on a busy Saturday but were still surprised that it took over 30 minutes to get our order (3 crepes). The server was very nice but didn't do a good job, he forgot our coffees until we were paying the bill and left our food sitting ready to bring to our table for 5 minutes while he cleared other tables (particularly annoying when you've already waited so long). It was very disorganized.

All that aside, the crepes themselves were not good. Mine, the "madame", described a mushroom sauce... which I swear was campbell's soup. YUCK. The crepes were dry and brittle with olive oil poured ontop at the end, presumably in an attempt to disguise this. Ingredients seemed cheap - when I read "lemon crepe" on a menu I don't expect to see Smucker's lemon goop scooped out of a jar.

Also, similar to other reviews, the cook didn't wash his hands between touching crepes and taking orders.

The server gave us one of our coffees for free, but I was still annoyed to spend $40 on such a disappointing lunch. Certainly not worth it.

• Visited July 2012