“Odd name maybe, but it's mainstream fine dining at it's best in Guelph!”
Review of Babelfish Bistro - CLOSED

Babelfish Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Babelfish Bistro features "upscale comfort foods" served in a cozy urban room, accompanied by excellent service. Compliment your meal with wines from our exceptional selection, followed by decadent house made desserts. We are the perfect size for private gatherings of 25 to 40. Reserve online with the "Reservation Widget" on our web page up to 14 days in advance!
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Guelph is an esoteric, great community, with this underadvertised gem of a restaurant with an odd name.
Every single morsel of food I've eaten at the Babel Fish Bistro has been superbly prepared and presented.
Located at 80 Macdonnell Street in downtown Guelph, this quaint fine dining establishment is anything but 'weird or funky' as the name might make you think. It is definitely mainstream, modern and tastefully decorated.
I can't imagine that you could fit more than 50 diners in their at once, so make your reservations early.
The owner / chef frequently serves and is very happy to accomodate you.
The food is absolutely delicious and quite reasonably priced given the quality of your experience.
I'm not experienced at writing restaurant reviews, but I figured if I felt strongly enough to post a bad review, I might as well start posting reviews about some of the best restaurants I've been to, and this is definitely one of them.

2  Thank SWONTraveller