***To start, I feel that Tripadvisor must allow the review writers an opportunity to return to a review they've written so as to say that a previous problem reported has been satisfactorily rectified.
I wrote about an issue in my last review on the Staybridge Suites that I felt the hotel could have done better. After the manager, Benny Deviasi, saw my concerns presented on TripAdvisor, he PROMPTLY contacted me and had already, MORE than satisfactorily, rectified the issue quickly, professionally, and in a very respectful and courteous manner. I immediately came back to this site to report how impressed and happy I was with Benny's efforts and generosity, but TripAdvisor doesn't allow you to rewrite a review less than three months after the initial report. That is not fair to those hotel managers who are prompt and diligent in their efforts as it might appear to other readers that some managers "drag their feet" when the result in this case is exactly the opposite.
I wish to say a sincere "Thank You" to Benny Deviasi of the Staybridge Suites in Guelph for his genuine concern and extremely quick response to my concerns.
Now for the review of my most recent stay.
There is NOTHING I can say about this hotel that is even slightly negative. Staybridge Suites in Guelph has become mine and my wife's "Home away from HOME".
We spent 5 nights there this time, Dec22nd-Dec27th, due to my wife having to visit the hospital down there on a regular basis. We both ended up ill with influenza for our entire stay, yet the amenities and generosity of this hotel's program and a superb and attentive staff, we still were able to enjoy ourselves within the hotel.
Get this, we were able to partake of an excellent chili, salad, and garlic bread supper, non-alcoholic drinks included, on Wednesday, at no cost, an excellent dinner of meatloaf, rice, and salad, non-alcoholic drinks, on Thursday, and a great dinner on Saturday with ham, turkey breast, stuffing, cranberry, vegetables, salad, non-alcoholic drinks, and desert, again NO COST! Going back for seconds and thirds was no cost either! And their "continental breakfast" is anything but "continental". It does have your regular fare of cereal, muffins, boiled eggs, but add to that fresh omelettes, crispy thin, lean bacon to die for, hot oatmeal porridge, cinnamon french toast, belgian waffle machines, whip cream and awesome strawberry sauce, hash brown patties, breakfast sausages, fresh bagels and texas toasts, yogourt, fresh apples, huge oranges, condiments like grated cheese and salsa, syrups, several types of tea and Wolfgang Puck coffees, hot chocolate, 1% and 2% milk, four types of fruit juices, and even fountain soda. Plus the tea and coffee and hot chocolate is there 24 hours for your refreshment! There's also a little convenience store available 24/7. Pets are allowed for a reasonable charge as well.
The staff is superb, gracious, friendly, helpful, courteous, every one of them! Whenever I called for anything or needed items, they were there with the items almost immediately. The first night I was there, the caulking had come off from the tub spout and I was worried that it might break the shower lever so I called the front desk and it was repaired properly, quickly, and neatly, and they even offered to move us to another room.
The hotel is as clean as they come, the lobby is pleasant, there's a theatre room with five large leather recliners and a 60" t.v. where you can watch dvd's, rent an in-house movie for you and your family, or just relax and watch t.v.
They've upgraded their free computer access and it is very fast for a hotel. They provide free laundry facilities too! The pool area is nice and cosy and not overloaded with chlorine. It's kept at a nice temperature and there's a very clean fitness room that has several up-to-date machines, a t.v., and a water cooler.
The rooms are spacious, immaculately clean, and the beds are VERY comfortable. With my wife and I so sick, the softness of the sheets, the big warm quilt on top, the comfort of the mattress, and the plentiful pillows all made it easy to get the rest we needed while there. The rooms have a medium size fridge with icemaker, a dishwasher, dishes and silverware, a microwave, double cooking elements, a coffeepot, toaster, free coffe packs and other necessities that made it unnecessary for us to even have to leave the hotel due to our illness.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Someone said to me while there that the location was bad, but with excellent access to highway 6, the Stone Road mall which has every store you need, dozens of eat in and take out restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel, I think the location is excellent as it isn't near any noisy factory, is far enough from the highway, and the area at night is extremely quiet.
I cannot thank the staff and Benny enough for making this hotel our favourite hotel of anywhere we have travelled ever. It truly is our home away from home when we're in the Guelph area and would NOT consider staying anywhere else while in the area!
Suggestions: a slightly better job vacuuming the elevator rugs/corners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Hotel Guelph is the ideal choice for your extended stay needs. The Staybridge Suites Hotel is located near Highway 401 and Highway 6 North, 45 minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and 40 minutes from Hamilton John Munroe (YHM) Airport. The Staybridge Suites offers near proximity to the University of Guelph, Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, River Run Centre for the Performing Arts, Guelph Civic Museum, John McCrae House, St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, African Lion Safari, Downtown Guelph Shops, Restaurants, Stone Road Shopping Mall, and Bingeman's Water park. Our hotel is minutes from Toyota, Denso Manufacturing, Linamar, Metso, Cooperators and various Ministry Government offices. The Staybridge Suites offers apartment like suites with all the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel needs. Our pet friendly hotel offers suites with fully-equipped kitchens, cable TV, Pay-Per-View, free wireless Internet and direct dial phone with personalized voicemail. Features Our Extended Stay Guelph hotel has value packages to explore the amazing activities of the area. Besides the daily hot buffet breakfast, also enjoy our complimentary Social Reception every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Also enjoy our heated indoor swimming pool, fitness center, theater room and business center. All rooms have complimentary hi speed wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Guelph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Hotel Guelph
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Ontario