Staybridge Suites Guelph
Average 3/5
Comfort Inn(Guelph)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront desksized fridgebedroom suitewafflesfull kitchensitting area with a couchice makerdaily breakfastpots panslaundry facilitiesrecommend this hotelhockey tournamentfrench toastbreakfast barnice roombeds were very comfortablewasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have to say that this hotel has gone above and beyond for myself and my family.
We recently went thru a house fire where we can no longer live for a while, so we are now living in this wonderful hotel, our home away from home for a while. The staff have made us feel welcome and so far our stay has been without question stress free.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a nice review! I am so delighted to see that our team has been going above and beyond for you and your family. Our goal is to provide guests, such as yourselves, with the most stress free, home away from home experience that we possibly can. We are thrilled that you have been enjoying your stay thus far, and I hope that this continues!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our experience at this hotel over the past 3 summers has been exceptional. We are never disappointed with staying here. The staff are what make this hotel such a great property. We booked here to visit the African Lion Saffari. Theo checked us in and went above and beyond for our whole stay. He called us about 20 minutes after we checked in to ensure that everything was ok with the room and to let us know that he had some discount coupons for this amusement waiting for us at the front desk. He is truly dedicated to the hotel industry. Every queston we had was answered and what ever he was able to help with he did. We were lucky enough to stay on one of the nights when they offered their free buffet dinner. We had chilli, natchos, a delicious south west salad and home made cookies. It was nice to see the lady in the kitchen area refilling the items at 7:20 p.m., (cheese, lettuce etc) even though the dinner closes at 7:30p.m., There was no need to rush people out of the dining area. This is one of our favorite hotels to stop at, and even though we could have found suitable accomodation closer to the amusement we were visiting we chose Staybridge based on all the pleasant stays we have had at this hotel. Keep up the good work staff because it is you that keeps your repeat customers returning. If you are looking for a home away from home this is the spot.

Room Tip: The two room suites have 1 kingsized bed in one bedroom and 2 queens in the other, along with a couch and a chair in the livingroom and two full bathrooms. Lots of room for large families.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely, detailed review. I must agree with you that our team here at the hotel are definately keepers! Thank you so much for your kind words about Theo, specifically, as it is comments like yours that keep the team motivated and eager to go above and beyond for our guests. We are thrilled that out of all your choices of accommodations, that you chose to stay with us, once more. Thank you for your patronage, and recommendations to others.

We will see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wonderful stay for one night on our way to Michigan.
Location was perfect, a short drive from the 401.
Room was very large and well appointed.
Kids enjoyed the pool area and it was very clean.
Dining is close by but it is a car ride away. Hopefully when the construction is done it will be easier to get to.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted that you were able to stop by on your way to Michigan and that you and your family enjoyed the room and our indoor pool. We do have a very convenient location to the 401 and are very close (4 min drive) to shopping and restaurants. The construction is almost complete (end of October) and we can not wait! Perhaps on your next travel's to Michigan, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Sep 14, 2013. My wife and I were going to a wedding and needed somewhere to stay overnight after the reception. We had some special requests we knew of ahead of time and we were able to talk to the manager and they were able to accommodate us very well. That being said, upon arrival we experienced the quickest check-in time I’ve ever had. The hotel is big, 2 elevators in the middle, we didn’t wait long for them which was good. My guess is this hotel is geared towards the employee from out of town who has to come for either a week of training or for a few weeks to oversee some project. I say this because the room was a suite with a mid-size fridge/freeze, dishwasher, microwave, stove-top, toaster, and a full set of cups plates and flatware. The little store next to the check-in desk that usually sells deodorant and other things you may have forgotten sold microwave dinners, soups and beans. So I imagine someone could stay for a few weeks on a very small budget.

I liked our room. It had the usual Coffee and tea but also had a free bag of microwave popcorn. It did unfortunately have the bathroom I’ve seen in another Holiday Inn (mackinaw city) where the toilet and shower are behind a closed door but the sink is not. This means if people are using the room (since it had a pullout bed) with a roommate, all of their sink habits are right in front of whoever gets the full bed. I don’t really see why this would ever be desirable.

In the morning we woke up and headed down for the complimentary breakfast which I always look forward to. I don’t expect perfection, I was okay with the circular patties of egg, bacon, fingers of French toast, cereals, yogurt, juice dispenser they even had a waffle maker that I was able to use. The only downside was that it was cramped in the area to get the food, and the dining area was so full that my wife and I went outside to one of the 3 tables outside. Then we came in for seconds and just took that to our room. My suggestion is you find a tray and take the food back to your room, you can even re-heat it.

A few downsides but by no means deal breakers. I wish I had a reason to stay here again but I doubt the circumstances would ever repeat. They have a good thing going there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to give such a detailed and candid review. I am happy to see we were able to accommodate your requests and provide you with a short, but enjoyable stay. We definately cater to guests who are travelling from out of town on business, or leisure, as all of our rooms are suites with full kitchens. However, our rates are also suitable to those who just need a room for a night or two, like yourself! We were quite busy during your stay, and I am glad you were able to find seating at breakfast and provide other readers with recommendations on what to do in the same senario.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if circumstances ever do repeat themselves, we would be glad to have you back!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our stay was good regarding the property. We were there for an OVA volleyball tournament. We had a nice room, was a little smaller than my room in staybridge near buffalo. The front desk staff needs much training. Customer service was poor. I arrived an hour before check in time (3pm) and called ahead to let them know I would be arriving at that time. I get there and our room is not cleaned yet (haven't even started and it's 2:30pm). I asked them to please get housekeeping to get started on our room and they told us that there are others arriving that will need their rooms also. To my point, "um hello, we are already here". Couldn't believe the stupidity. Again, had I not called ahead I would understand. Had I not worked with Four Seasons and Marriott hotels, I would understand. This isn't the motel 6 nor were we paying those prices. I expect better service, which I have received at other Staybridge Suites. The boy at the front desk behaved as if he was entitled, I thought he was a manager. Come to find out he was just a regular employee, which shocked me being that he interrupted my conversation with the girl that was checking us in (also inexperienced, but much nicer). We had small children with special needs travelling with us and so I was trying to get things sorted quickly as we had to leave 15 minutes later and wouldn't be back till evening, but the little ones were staying with grandparents. A property should know that your front desk can make or break someone's stay, that is your first impression.
The property itself was nice. I love Staybridge Suites properties. This one though I will pass on in the future because it has nothing close by to eat, it's in the middle of no where (still being developed), no stores close by, out of the way, and far too costly for those reasons.
I really like the laundry facilities, snacks you can purchase by front desk, pool was ok, complimentary drinks (coffee, teas, juice and fountain sodas).
They also failed to put my points on as I am a member, don't forget to confirm that...your supposed to be treated with extra care when they know that....supposedly.

Room Tip: DO NOT get smokers room, it really smells badly, very strong. Even the entire hallway where the smoking rooms were stank. We almost took one because there was only one room left in the room type we were looking for. Always ask to see the room first before you check in and if you are not satisfied as for another.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid and honest review with us. Although we are always dissapointed to read that a guest's stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we may take the steps necessary to correct these and make sure the same things do not happen in the future with other guests. By reading these reviews, we are able to recognize areas in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them.

We hope that the many positive reviews posted on tripadvisor and other review sites would be a testament to our commitment to providing excellent customer service. Please except my sincerest apologies for falling short on your expectations. Upon your next visit to Guelph I truly hope you will consider staying with us again, and please feel free to contact me in advance for any special requirements needed.

Sincerely yours,