“Clean, friendly and great amenities”

Staybridge Suites Guelph
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in town for a wedding so only stayed one night. If I ever need to be in a hotel for an extended stay, I'll be calling Staybridge first. The rooms are amazing! The kitchen has a 2 burner stove-top, apartment size fridge, dishwasher and microwave. The free wi-fi is a definite plus since a lot of other hotels charge for it. Bathroom was extremely clean. My only dislike is the pillows. I found them too fluffy and a bit lumpy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your most recent experience at our hotel with the Tripadvisor community. We are very delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and the suite amenities we have to offer.

Thank you for thinking of us for your future travels, and we look forward to your return!

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Guelph

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I are probably not typical guests for this hotel as we only stayed for only one night. As it was for a Friday evening we did not have the opportunity to sample the mid-week receptions but what we experienced was positive.
Well trained reception staff, well designed and clean rooms, comfortable bed, good wi-fi and a large hot breakfast; all created a favourable experience. We may have been lucky with good neighbours as there was zero noise through the walls but it probably was quiet due to solid construction
This was our first stay at this chain and based upon this first stay, we would look to use this brand in other cities.
The location is in a business district but Guelph is not large and it is only a five minute car ride to excellent restaurants. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review! We are very pleased to read that you had a positive and favourable stay with us. We take pride in our staff and the services we have to offer, and it is always nice to see our efforts are being recognized and appreciated. I do hope you have the opportunity to join us again and perhaps for one of our Social dinner receptions, which you had missed on this particular stay.

We truly appreciate that you will recommend our hotel and stay at other Staybridge Suites whenever you have the chance. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again one day!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Thank you for your patience with all of those irritated dance moms (irritated because of the ice storm Guelph had just experienced), room very clean! I. Felt very relaxed despite all of the aggravations around me. The gentleman at the front desk on Thursday April 11th deserves a medal! Very polite, good sense of humour, willing to go the extra mile for his customers.

Room Tip: Specify you are a none smoker so they won' t put you on the 5th floor. Although my room was a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that we were able to provide you with a relaxing home like atmosphere, dispite all of the issues your pour dance group had to experience due to the ice storm! I will certainly pass on your kind remarks about our front dest agent, as comments like yours encourage them to be the best they can be, and continue to provide great service to our guests!

Again, thank you so much, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites - Guelph!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had an unexpected 3 week stay at this hotel. After three weeks we have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. The rooms are spacious, well stocked, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and warm. The free breakfast was great. All in all a wonderful stay and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leem0m
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and staff, and the time you took to review our property. The greatest motivation for us is to know that a guest was pleased with our service, and our staff will be very happy to read your review. I am so happy your unexpected 3 week stay was a positive one, and thank you so much for recommending us! We truely appreciate it!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I am on a project in Guelph and the surrounding areas and have stayed many nights at the Staybridge Inn. The rooms have plenty of room, they have a good fitness room and pool. The free breakfast in the morning is fantastic. They also have small free dinners from Tuesday until Friday every week. The staff is always there to help and are very pleasant. If you are in the area please stop in and stay a night. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kevin A

Dear valued Guest,

We wish to thank you for taking your invaluable time to write and share your positive experience about your last stay at Staybridge Suites - Guelph and our staff. We will pass your kind remarks to them, as comments like yours encourage them to improve and offer the best of themselves.

I am glad you were able to make use of our facilities such as the pool and fitness room and that they met your expectations!

In regards to your comment about the complimentary dinner buffet, I would like to just mention that it is available every Tues- Thurs and does not include Friday, just in case any other readers were to get confused.

I hope you are able to stop by again in the near future and we look forward to hosting you!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a 3 day hockey tournament with Special Hockey International.
Check-in was quick and painless many people waiting as a large group of us arrived at the same time but everyone at the front desk pitched in to get us all in our rooms quickly. Stayed in a 1 bdrm suite(324) and it was more than adequate for the 3 of us. Had small gathering in the room and had plenty of space for all. Please note not all rooms were this size other 1 bdrm suites were a little smaller. Room had a kitchen including toaster, full fridge, 2 stove elements, microwave and "DISHWASHER" . Dishes were enough for a family of 4.
As for the service it was exemplary, I walked out of my room to go to get ice at the ice machine and one of the cleaning staff stopped me and asked if I was looking for an ice machine. She told me that I could get ice at the front desk anytime but all fridges had ice makers installed. All that was required is to flip the switch to turn it on. Then she went filled my ice bucket and showed me
the switch in the room that turned on the ice maker. I received a phone call after about an hour in my room asking how the room was and whether we needed info about the amenities from the front desk. All staff from cleaning, maintenance and front desk treated us like honoured guests they all greeted my entire family with smiles and helped us with any inquiry. They have a small pool which is open until 10 PM , Washers and dryers, fitness work out room all located on the south end of the building. No smoking in the building but outside at the front during the winter is only place possible. There were not many cigarette butts out in the front area because the cleaning staff picked any stray ones up during the morning. Beds were comfortable and clean bathroom was spotless and there was a separate sink outside shower toilet area.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Guelph area.

Room Tip: 224, 324, 424 and 524 would be a good choice for a 1 bdroom suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank snowleopard5
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post such a detailed review and for sharing your experience following your stay with us.

I have shared your review of our services and facilities with the great team I am proud to have. Thank you very much for acknowledging the efforts of our team. A positive guest experience is our main objective and it is very encouraging to know that we have been able to achieve that during your visit.

Thank you once again for highly recommending Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Please do let me know if I could be of any assistance for your future requirement.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Shujaat Yar

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here this past three days with three teams for the Special Hockey International tournament in Kitchener. It was worth the drive to Guelph to stay here. Great breakfast, accommodating staff and great lobby area for larger gatherings of families from the team. The theatre room was a particular hit with the you get kids and allowed the parents to visit in the lobby while kids were having some fun. Would highly recommend this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa S
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and the facilities at our hotel.

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel.

Please do let me know if I could be of any assistance with any future arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Yours sincerely,