Spent roughly 40 nights here. In short, a great hotel for extended travel; staff are very friendly.
The one bedroom suites are quiet and include a full kitchen (minus oven) plus a small living area. Dogs are permitted in specific suites so take note if you are allergic. Full housekeeping schedule depends on duration of stay (eg. less than or more than 7 nights). In any case, the essentials like garbage, etc are looked after each day. Free wireless internet is available but it was somewhat sporatic during my most recent stay.
The dining area offers a hot breakfast daily, plus a small buffet style meal on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings; these are offered at no additional charge. Coffee is always available and beer/wine can be purchased.
The hotel gym has the basics; a weight machine, treadmill, recumbant bike and elliptical. The Pinesol provided to wipe-down the equipment smells really bad but it’s better than nothing. There is also a small pool but you will need to find a larger one for any serious swimming (there is a YMCA about 5 minutes down the road).
Washing machines/dryers are available for free; there are four of each. Soap and fabic softener can be purchased through the front desk “24/7 Bridge Mart” and will only cost about $3 per load.
On the down-side, there are not a lot of amenities within walking distance; there is some construction in the area so perhaps there will be more in the future. Sleemans brewery is close and they offer tours during the week; a fun change of pace but make sure to book as early as you can.
Highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Hotel Guelph is the ideal choice for your extended stay needs. The Staybridge Suites Hotel is located near Highway 401 and Highway 6 North, 45 minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and 40 minutes from Hamilton John Munroe (YHM) Airport. The Staybridge Suites offers near proximity to the University of Guelph, Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, River Run Centre for the Performing Arts, Guelph Civic Museum, John McCrae House, St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, African Lion Safari, Downtown Guelph Shops, Restaurants, Stone Road Shopping Mall, and Bingeman's Water park. Our hotel is minutes from Toyota, Denso Manufacturing, Linamar, Metso, Cooperators and various Ministry Government offices. The Staybridge Suites offers apartment like suites with all the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel needs. Our pet friendly hotel offers suites with fully-equipped kitchens, cable TV, Pay-Per-View, free wireless Internet and direct dial phone with personalized voicemail. Features Our Extended Stay Guelph hotel has value packages to explore the amazing activities of the area. Besides the daily hot buffet breakfast, also enjoy our complimentary Social Reception every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Also enjoy our heated indoor swimming pool, fitness center, theater room and business center. All rooms have complimentary hi speed wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Guelph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Hotel Guelph
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Ontario