“best hotel i ever stayed in canada”

Staybridge Suites Guelph
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed April 23, 2011

only problems which are minor i see is all carts to bring in personal items such as groceries have no sides on carts so groceries bags can fall off the sides.

related to carts the sidewalk ramp going into hotel must be smoother or else you will hit a small curb a gap in the pavement and the cart will not move better to bring the cart in backwards so you can lift the cart over the gap.

as well the windows in the rooms should allow for full open if you so wish not just a quarter of the way like it is now. should be flexible to open all the way if so desired especially in the hot summer months instead of enviromental damage costant use of air conditioner just because window will not open all the way.

finally more variety and more whole grains and fresh vegetables and fruit and whole meats and milk is needed in the free meals tuesday thru thursday. i realize it is free meals but healthier meals would be better for the guests.not french fries and processed foods. add some variety throughout the month and guests will say wow!! that was a sensational meal are there seconds?!!!

i give this hotel suite 5 stars out of 5. the staff and management are exceptional as too are the guests who stay there. no dirtiness, everytthing clean great facilities no pests bugs all equipment in fantastic running order elevators very efficient. modern looking hotel. staff again always looking out for each individual guests always smiling no negative attitudes.just wonderful beautiful atmosphere environment to stay in long or short term. highly recommended. i could live there forever!!! very quiet too. depending on what room side you are on trucks can be occasionally noisy best side to stay on is dead end corporate court side. fabulous place to stay. recommend this hotel to all who stay in guelph. very convenient close to hanlon parkway. stay for a long time you will thoroughly enjoy the staybridge suites guelph

Room Tip: stay on corporate court side
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tkurelek
bennidevasia, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your candid review.Your excellent suggestions will help us in improving our Product and service standards to the next level.

We look forwad to welcoming you back on your next visit to Guelph.

For the Team at Staybridge Suites Guelph/Waterloo

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Our large group stayed here for a local basketball tournament. All of the staff were friendly and very acccomodating to our large group from the time I made arrangements with Tyler from group services until our checkout at the end of the weekend. My daughter's glasses were accidentally broken during a game and the staff member at the front desk (Brooke I think) went out of her way to help me temporarily fix them. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. The morning breakfast was very convenient. Everyone from our group was very impressed. We will stay here every time we come to Guelph. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We received an excellent group rate.
  • Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank Milkdud
bennidevasia, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you very much for your candid review.We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Free breakfast....free dinner...AND a kitchen!?!? UNBELIEVEABLE! This hotel met literally every need. The staff was wonderful and the location is perfect. Close to the 401 and mere minutes from the University of Guelph, I was able to get to meetings without effort. 100% Satisfied!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Pete57943

Thank you very much for your detailed review.We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Guelph.

For the team at Staybridge Suites-Guelph/Waterloo

Reviewed January 1, 2011

***To start, I feel that Tripadvisor must allow the review writers an opportunity to return to a review they've written so as to say that a previous problem reported has been satisfactorily rectified.
I wrote about an issue in my last review on the Staybridge Suites that I felt the hotel could have done better. After the manager, Benny Deviasi, saw my concerns presented on TripAdvisor, he PROMPTLY contacted me and had already, MORE than satisfactorily, rectified the issue quickly, professionally, and in a very respectful and courteous manner. I immediately came back to this site to report how impressed and happy I was with Benny's efforts and generosity, but TripAdvisor doesn't allow you to rewrite a review less than three months after the initial report. That is not fair to those hotel managers who are prompt and diligent in their efforts as it might appear to other readers that some managers "drag their feet" when the result in this case is exactly the opposite.
I wish to say a sincere "Thank You" to Benny Deviasi of the Staybridge Suites in Guelph for his genuine concern and extremely quick response to my concerns.

Now for the review of my most recent stay.

There is NOTHING I can say about this hotel that is even slightly negative. Staybridge Suites in Guelph has become mine and my wife's "Home away from HOME".
We spent 5 nights there this time, Dec22nd-Dec27th, due to my wife having to visit the hospital down there on a regular basis. We both ended up ill with influenza for our entire stay, yet the amenities and generosity of this hotel's program and a superb and attentive staff, we still were able to enjoy ourselves within the hotel.
Get this, we were able to partake of an excellent chili, salad, and garlic bread supper, non-alcoholic drinks included, on Wednesday, at no cost, an excellent dinner of meatloaf, rice, and salad, non-alcoholic drinks, on Thursday, and a great dinner on Saturday with ham, turkey breast, stuffing, cranberry, vegetables, salad, non-alcoholic drinks, and desert, again NO COST! Going back for seconds and thirds was no cost either! And their "continental breakfast" is anything but "continental". It does have your regular fare of cereal, muffins, boiled eggs, but add to that fresh omelettes, crispy thin, lean bacon to die for, hot oatmeal porridge, cinnamon french toast, belgian waffle machines, whip cream and awesome strawberry sauce, hash brown patties, breakfast sausages, fresh bagels and texas toasts, yogourt, fresh apples, huge oranges, condiments like grated cheese and salsa, syrups, several types of tea and Wolfgang Puck coffees, hot chocolate, 1% and 2% milk, four types of fruit juices, and even fountain soda. Plus the tea and coffee and hot chocolate is there 24 hours for your refreshment! There's also a little convenience store available 24/7. Pets are allowed for a reasonable charge as well.

The staff is superb, gracious, friendly, helpful, courteous, every one of them! Whenever I called for anything or needed items, they were there with the items almost immediately. The first night I was there, the caulking had come off from the tub spout and I was worried that it might break the shower lever so I called the front desk and it was repaired properly, quickly, and neatly, and they even offered to move us to another room.
The hotel is as clean as they come, the lobby is pleasant, there's a theatre room with five large leather recliners and a 60" t.v. where you can watch dvd's, rent an in-house movie for you and your family, or just relax and watch t.v.
They've upgraded their free computer access and it is very fast for a hotel. They provide free laundry facilities too! The pool area is nice and cosy and not overloaded with chlorine. It's kept at a nice temperature and there's a very clean fitness room that has several up-to-date machines, a t.v., and a water cooler.
The rooms are spacious, immaculately clean, and the beds are VERY comfortable. With my wife and I so sick, the softness of the sheets, the big warm quilt on top, the comfort of the mattress, and the plentiful pillows all made it easy to get the rest we needed while there. The rooms have a medium size fridge with icemaker, a dishwasher, dishes and silverware, a microwave, double cooking elements, a coffeepot, toaster, free coffe packs and other necessities that made it unnecessary for us to even have to leave the hotel due to our illness.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Someone said to me while there that the location was bad, but with excellent access to highway 6, the Stone Road mall which has every store you need, dozens of eat in and take out restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel, I think the location is excellent as it isn't near any noisy factory, is far enough from the highway, and the area at night is extremely quiet.

I cannot thank the staff and Benny enough for making this hotel our favourite hotel of anywhere we have travelled ever. It truly is our home away from home when we're in the Guelph area and would NOT consider staying anywhere else while in the area!

Suggestions: a slightly better job vacuuming the elevator rugs/corners.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krazykritik
bennidevasia, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you very much for your Candid review.We are delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us.We look forward to Welcoming you again on your next visit to Guelph.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 17, 2010

This hotel just feels right, starting in the parking lot, through the lobby, hallways and room. Its laid out sensibly and just feels comfortable. The rooms make sense - the TV swivels so you can watch from the bed or the couch. The kitchenette has a full-sized fridge, stove top and microwave. The breakfast is second-to-none with eggs and bacon cooked perfectly, french toast, make your own waffles, fruit, muffins, yoghurt and much more. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
The only downside is the noise from the hall. You can hear conversations and doors closing very clearly. I do think my email may have been hacked after logging in at their business centre though I'm not positive but it was the only less-secure place I've used in months.
Apart from that, its a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your detailed review.We have gone through your comments in detail and assure you of corrective measures taken for all your suggestions.We assure you of our best services at all times and look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Guelph.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 29, 2010

My travel partner and I stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite with full kitchen for 3 nights. First of all, the hotel is situated in a very quiet industrial area. You would need a car to get around to all amenities. Most importantly, we were amazed at the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room! There was one sofa, a flat screen TV and a Queen sized bed. In the other room, there was a desk close to the Jacuzzi.

The kitchen had a full-sized fridge with freezer, toaster, coffeemaker, cookware, a complete set of cutlery and dinnerware, and a two burner stovetop. We cooked our meals thanks to a nearby Food Basics grocery store. I didn’t try the complimentary breakfast buffet. However, my travel partner thought it was well-organized with a waffle maker, small yogurt cups, and a bowl of fruit as extra bonuses apart from the usual eggs and bacon meal.

The Jacuzzi was a little narrow yet it worked very well! It was modern with nice tiles and mood lighting surrounding it.

Wi-Fi is free – a great necessity for any busy person. To our surprise, there was an Ethernet cable for you to plug into the computer – all for free.

It seemed that housekeeping is based on a “call if you need assistance” idea. That is, they won’t go into your room unless you need a request such as new towels or bed linen.

Much to our surprise, there was a laundry room for free use. Next to it was a small gym which we used. The machines were maintained very well with complimentary towels and a TV for entertainment. Across from it was a small and shallow-only swimming pool.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

The only minor annoyance was the lack of a dining set and other comfy chairs. We had to move the sofa and two small tables together to form a makeshift dining area. With all the extra room available, there should be more furniture.

This place is certainly ideal for travelers looking for a place for a long term stay. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
bennidevasia, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Thank you very much for your detailed review.We would love to host you on your next visit to Guelph.

For the Team at Staybridge Suites-Guelph/Waterloo

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed here last week for one night only (unfortunately) during a week-long trip. I stayed in different hotels each night and I must say the Staybridge in Guelph was definitely my favourite of them al.! I got a spotless room with a very comfy queen bed, kitchenette, bathroom and a great area for make-up/hair! The staff were friendly and helpful - I appreciated the phone call a short while after check-in to make sure all was okay with the room.
As for location, it is a little bit out of the way - seemed to be beside some sort of industrial estate, but this was no problem for me, especially since I had rented a car. Breakfast was delicious and especially loved the waffles!

I'll definitely be looking out for Staybridge suites in future and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed: September 2010