“Dinner with friends.”

The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 The Other Brother's has offered Guelph the best in dining and service. With great food, Prix Fixe menus and professional service, we present the premiere dining experience in the city.Join us for all your occasions from the everyday to the special moments. We have separate rooms available for Corporate and Private Events and Functions, including mini conferences and presentations.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Last night my husband and I dined here, the atmosphere was nice and it was cozy on a cold night. The staff were very friendly and left us plenty of time to chat with our friends before we ordered. Unfortunately the meal was just warm when served whereas I like my food hot. The restaurant was not busy so there was no reason for the meal not to have been prepared and served immediately. All the courses were very flavorful, and nicely presented..
I wasn't happy about what I consider a huge mark up on the wine. We ordered a bottle of Agento Malbec from Argentina which I buy and cost $10 a bottle at the LCBO and the list price at the restaurant was $42 which came to almost $50 with the tip we left.

Amanda M, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we do value it very much as it helps us continue to improve our dining experience.

I do apologize that you feel the wine was priced a little too high, however, we do price our wines so that they are in line with other restaurants in Guelph. We also offer a Corkage fee of $20 for those patrons that wish to bring their own bottle to dinner, which can make our overall cost a little more economical.

Finally, I have advised our kitchen about the temperature of your meal so that they can continue to improve and refine service. We do hope to see you back at The Other Brothers soon - please feel free to speak to myself (Amanda) or our General Manager Meghan so that we can help ensure our next visit with us is everything you expect it to be, and more.

Wishing you a happy holiday season!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a very nice quiet dinner here for my wife's birthday. the option of having the $39 three course meal using the menu is a very good idea. We will be going back.

Amanda M, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hi Geoff,

Very glad you and your wife had a wonderful dinner for her birthday - we do try and make every occasion special for our guests. Here's to another wonderful and happy year for both of you and we look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in this past Tuesday for "Tapas Tuesday". What a fantastic night! We chose the calamari, crab cakes, assorted cheese, and caprese crostini from the list of tapas and they were all delicious and the perfect treat after a hard day of work. The staff was also very friendly and informative, which just added to our great experience. We'll definitely be back to try a new variety of tapas! A new favourite spot for us!

Hi Tess,

We just started doing Tapas Tuesdays and are thrilled with your feedback! Most definitely look forward to seeing you back in soon :)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We dined at The Other Brother about a week ago. Very cozy atmosphere. Lovely fireplace. Excellent food and service. Guelph has so many great restaurants, but I think this one will soon become a new favourite.

Amanda M, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hi Millybess,

Thank you so much for your review - I am so happy that you had a great experience and we most definitely look forward to seeing you back at The Other Brothers!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Terrific experience. Great food and service and atmosphere. What's not to like? I'll be back for sure!

Amanda M, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hi Danielley86,

Thanks so much for your review - I am so happy that you and your boyfriend had a great time at our restaurant! We look forward to welcoming you back along with any family and friends that you direct our way. I can highly recommend the Beef Tenderloin tips on pasta as a great fall dish that you won't soon forget!