“Outstanding all around!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Since 1995 The Other Brother's has offered Guelph the best in dining and service. With great food, Prix Fixe menus and professional service, we present the premiere dining experience in the city.Join us for all your occasions from the everyday to the special moments. We have separate rooms available for Corporate and Private Events and Functions, including mini conferences and presentations.
Taylor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The atmosphere was nice. The service was attentive and very kind. The food was impeccable!! Will definitely be recommending this to all of my co-workers when they come to Guelph on business. The ONLY issue was it was a little hard to find, but worth seeking out!!

• Visited May 2013

Guelph, Canada
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I took our son and wife to celebrate their anniversary.
The building is amazing historically. The service almost beyond compare. Our seating was not crowded. The service was not rushed. The menu is quite varied . We all had something different so we could sample . The food was well prepared and the presentation was inviting.
The wine list seemed adequate for all the diverse pairings. They even offer an "Early Bird Special"
which we could take advantage.
I will make a plan of returning to this lovely restaurant. The complete experience was absolutely FABULOUS.

• Visited April 2013
Jordan Station, Canada
“FOOD POISONING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can't believe I'm just now getting around to a complaint of this terrible establishment. My husband ended up in Emergency after our dinner here last December, 2012. We shared the 3 course fondue dinner and it was, by far, the most disgusting excuse for fondue I've ever had. Fist course cheese-grainy and tasted like condensed soup, no cheese existed in that slop. Next up meat/seafood to cook in a horrible tomato "stew." The fish smelled off (which is probably what sickened my husband.) Last up chocolate, probably the least offensive of the three, but trust me, not good. We also were given dirty plates with food stuck to them, and when we gave them back to the server she agreed and apologized. Then she proceeded to give us rusty fondue "equipment." Not joking...RUSTY. We told the hostess we were dismayed and she knocked 10% off the bill, but really, that didn't help the fact that about an hour after trying to eat this awful "food" my husband began to vomit profusely. We spent the rest of the night in the hospital where the attending physician agreed this was almost certainly food related. I did officially report the food borne illness to the proper authority right after, of course. I've read other food poisoning reviews, here, too. How anyone can actually like this place boggles my mind. Stay FAR FAR away from the Other Brother's in Guelph. I beg of you.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank emmajack67
sayani, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your response, it is always disappointing to us if a guest does not enjoy the experience. We always try our utmost to please and I am sorry it did not happen on this rare occasion. As per your complaint, the health department did check our establishment and as usual found us to be well within the appropriate standards. As they found nothing to report it is possible that this incidence, as the physician stated, came from food possibly earlier in the day from your house or another establishment.
I would be happy to offer another meal or to reimburse you for the meal that you did not enjoy.
My apologies again that you did not enjoy The Other Brother's as so many other guests do.
Please call for me to be able to help 519 822 4465
Sincerely
Sara
Elora, Canada
“ONE OF GUELPHS FEW AND ONLY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great food,small and cuddly,good for that special night out.Good wine choices.I recomend calling well in advance for reservations and dress is semi formal to elegant casual.No ball hats and gangster wear here Guys.

2 Thank Seadays
sayani, Owner at The Other Brother's Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
That is a lovely thing to say........thank you for taking the time - we hope to see you again soon.
Sara, Owner.
Guelph, Canada
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great menu options - the prix fixe is a great value, and offerings change pretty regularly. Service is always wonderful and the atmosphere is really lovely.

• Visited March 2013