London House Bed and Breakfast
$116
Hotels.com
$95
$100
Royal Brock Hotel(Guelph)(Great Value!)
$71
$58
$109
$92
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoatcakesthird floorfireside roomother guestsperfect stayrooms are comfortablemelanieloafamenitiesconferenceuniversity
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Charming hosts, perfect location for easy walking to mid-town, great service, and eco-friendly to boot! The oat cakes are to die for as is the coffee. Located in an older settled and established area of Guelph, it's quiet, green, and relatively private owing to the larger lot size. Good parking as well.

Room Tip: Older folks who don't want to do stairs might choose the Fireside Room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was travelling with a brother and a cousin to visit Fergus north of Guelph. We could not have picked a better place to reconnect with family. We all felt right at home. Andy and Melanie are very friendly and always wear smiles. The house is beautiful and in a great location, with in walking distance of nice parks and good restaurants. I highly recommend the place. Oh and make sure you taste the oat cake cookies!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I needed somewhere to stay that felt nourishing, clean and friendly and London House exceeded my expectations. Melanie and Andy were wonderful hosts, the breakfast was delicious, the location very central and I felt restored when I left. I highly recommend London House when you are staying in Guelph. Clare

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the London House for two nights. It is situated on a tree lined street with plenty of lovely gardens and historic homes. There is also a giant park across the street for picnics and a small water park for kids.

We preferred the third floor since it had a small kitchen. Outside of the bakery near the b&b, we found the eateries and restaurants in Guelph to be lackluster. The rooms on the third floor are quaint and tidy. There were plenty of extra towels and a bath robe for each of us. Wifi was available and reliable. We had a chance to peek into the rooms on the second floor and they are truly impressive.

Breakfast was coffee and fruit plus a hot entree: an eggs option with toast and jams or pancakes/french toast with maple syrup. Very taste and satisfying.

Andy and his daughter were hands off for the most part. Very helpful when we needed assistance. On two occasions, they went out of their way to make our entire stay comfortable. We sincerely felt completely at home and would recommend this b&b for anyone. All travelers would be pleased.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door I felt at home. Melanie and Andy are gracious hosts and have a wealth of information to share about the area that I found useful. They also have maps that you can have which make getting around so much easier as I was new to the area.
I had a room on the third floor which included a bathroom, kitchen, dining and sitting area TV available as well as WIFI all this for an extremely affordable price. I was thrilled. The bed was very comfortable, the room clean and freshened each day as was the lovely little bathroom. Extra towels were available and I found everything suitable and to my liking.
The breakfasts were delightful and served with piping hot coffee as well. Melanie does a lot of the baking and has gluten free possibilites as well. I had the best poached eggs ever in my life there!
The gorgeous home is surrounded by walkways and perrenial gardens in a wonderfully charming safe neighborhood where each evening I enjoyed a long walk, coming back each day was like coming home. I will definitely be back here sometime and next time I am bringing my husband.

Room Tip: call or write ahead of time. Their place is very popular.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo