“Don't expect staff to help out.”

Guelph Lake Conservation Area
Ranked #14 of 59 things to do in Guelph
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you have very rowdy neighbours who crank their stereo and speak and swear loudly till 3:30 am don't expect the staff to help you. I complained about these people and they assured me that the following night someone would be around to keep the peace....sadly no one came by so we had a second night of these morons carrying on but only till 1:30 am.
This park seems to think 9 & 10 am is a perfect time to clean the only washroom, unbelievable!

1  Thank brendabla

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have only been to the beach a few times, but I love it everytime ! Great beach and great location !

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I recently "found" Guelph Lake when I attended a triathlon there. It is beautiful, with lots of space, a swimming area, trails...

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were invted to an afternoon picnic at GL. We were still able to swim in the lake, normally the Canada Geese cause it to be closed.

GL Nature Centre is lots of fun! Great Nature birthday parties for approx. $120 for 3 hours - 15 kids! Can't beat that! And the kids are outside for at least 2 hours!

1  Thank Koda555
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Didn't stay overnight. Rockwoods beach was closed. We were camping at Rockwood and they said that we could drive over to the Guelph Conservation Area beach with our camping pass and swim there -- the beach area was covered in duck poo and there was a picnic table in the water. Not well kept. The campsites we did see on the drive in and out were along the roadside and a fair walk to outhouses. We did not drive through the main camping areas -- I do not have a comment about them. From the beach area we could see some people camping at site in a treeless area. I wouldn't like camping there at all. The roadside campsites were spaced fairly far apart but obviously had alot of traffic going past them. With three kids -- I would prefer a closer bathroom or outhouse for those sites. They did have foliage around them and trees -- but not necessarily shade.

I have not evwen thought about camping there since our one day visit. Prefer Rockwood or the Elora Gorge to this location. I would drive over to Elora and try out swimming at the Gorge next time.

4  Thank bizzym0m