“No frills hotel. Great for a stopover.”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night after attending a wedding in Guelph.

Service- Check-in was easy and efficient. Although we did check in after midnight, so I can't really speak to the service during the day/peak times.

Value- Average. The price of our room was the equivalent to that of the Super 8 and Best Western nearby, so we chose the Hampton Inn because the rooms looked a bit nicer/modern.

Sleep Quality- Poor. This was our only real problem with the room. The mattress was not very comfortable. There was a piece of paper on our desk informing us that our room had 2 soft pillows and two firm pillows. All of the pillows were exactly the same.... WAY too soft. Using two pillows, your head still sinks right down to the mattress. Also, the room was very warm. The thermostat will only let you turn the temperature down to 20 degrees Celsius. Which is too warm for me. Even then, the AC will only turn on for around 30 seconds and blast very cold air into the room, and then will stay off for an hour or so. Definitely a wake up call, when the room gets stifling hot and you remove the bedsheets, only to have freezing cold air come out of the vents for 30 seconds.

Cleanliness- Very good. Very clean and tidy. Even the hallways and elevators were very clean. Was worried reading previous reviews stating that cleaning staff had woken them up very early to clean their rooms. We put the "Do not Disturb" sign on the door and were not bothered.

Location- A little bit out of the way from downtown Guelph. In a fairly industrial area, not much of a view. But all we needed was a bed to sleep in, and a shower. So for what we needed it for, it was perfect.

Rooms- Basic hotel room. A little cramped in my opinion. One thing I found weird is that there was not an end table on both sides of the bed, just one side. Which left me having to put my bottle of water on the floor. Also, there were no glasses in our room for water/drinks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zak H
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the time and thought you put into writing your review. We are looking into replacing the pillows and will have maintenance look at the heater/air conditioner to rectify the situation you were faced with. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and hopefully look forward to serving you in the future. If you have any questions or need help with future rfeservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The rooms at this hotel were clean and comfortable and were very spacious. The rooms had a microwave and mini fridge. The area for breakfast was clean and well spread out. The staff was seen wiping the tables down on a regular basis. They had a good selection for breakfast including both hot and cold choices.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We really do appreciate your positive comments, and I will be sharing them with the staff so they know how they are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and room. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I would happily and confidently recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Guelph area. The staff was very friendly and it included a complimentary hot breakfast. The hotel is current and has nice facilities (pool, hot tub, gym).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and letting us know how we did. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be sharing this survey with the staff so they know how they did as well. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank You!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Hampton Inn while on an uncharted weekend getaway. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. We were lucky enough to get a King Suite. The room was large and comfortable and so was the bed. There was a fridge and microwave in our room, which is always handy. Everything was clean and the room smelled fresh. The complimentary breakfast had many options to choose from including a fresh waffles. We didn't leave hungry. I would definitely stay again if we happened to traveled this way again, but who makes plans. That would take the fun out of it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary breakfast. I will be sharing your comments with the rest of the staff so they will know how great a job they did. We always value your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future if you travels bring you to Guelph again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn. The room was clean, fresh, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The area set up for the complimentary breakfast was clean, staff again helpful and the food was great! Many things to choose from. Definitely give it a thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the service you received was excellent. I am sharing this review with all the staff so they can see how they did. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please contact the hotel anytime.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel! Provided banquet room for the team to use. Great breakfast. Rooms were quite cramped but we were hardly in our room. Pool was great but it was supposed to be salt water. The smell of chlorine was overwhelming and my daughters hair tie colouring faded. I don't think it was a salt water pool but it was clean and very well maintained. Overall a good experience and the value was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you had a great overall experience and that your team was able to take advantage of the complimentary breakout room. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and we hope to see you back soon. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just simply wonderful. The best staff ever! Modern, clean with everything a stay away from home requires. Beautiful and we will continue to stay there over and over again, when we travel to Guelph. The area has a great restaurant within a one minute walk and Tim Hortons on the corner. What more does one need? Plus the hotel is within a quick drive to downtown. Great quality for a manageable price. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your possitive comments and for taking the time to fill out the survey. I am going to share this reveiw with all the staff so they know they are doing a good job in the guests eyes as well as managements. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.