“Not a happy Camper”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
New Lowell, Canada
“Not a happy Camper”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was not happy with the service at all was told that I would have to say there because all other Hotels would be booked that weekend of stay I know I could have looked into it however not the way to do business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the lack of service that you received. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed the wedding you attended. As you did book as part of the group the cancellation was slightly different than normal. I have taken this up with management and we are revisiting our cancellation policies in regards to groups. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Again my sincere apologies for any lack of service that you received.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
LONDON, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very clean and comfortable If you like your room dark at night do not stay here Sheers only on the windows Room not ready upon arrival Had to wait 20 minutes or so Close to a variety of restaurants and shopping

Dear Guest,

I apologize that you were not able to find the black out drapes in your room. They are located behind the sheers. If you should ever have any questions when in the room just dial 0 and a front desk agent is there 24/7 to answer your questions. I am glad that the rest of your stay was better and look forward to serving you again in the near future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Turkey Point, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and children stayed here a few weekends ago, and first off
we never got one wink of sleep. Before we went to bed, there were lots of teens yelling and screaming down the hallways. When I called the front desk no one answered the phone. When two o'clock came around it was even worse, the noise got even louder. We had a horrible time trying to sleep, and my children were horrified. I read in a previous review about the breakfast and boy did he hit it on the mark. THE BREAKFAST WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. The bread was stale, and eggs tasted like they were Rotten. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank StanfordFamilyMan
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the noise that you experienced at night. I am investigating the situation to try and make sure that this does not happen again. I also apologize for the breakfast not being up to standard. I am trying to find out why the items weren't cooked properly, as the breakfast is dictated to us by hampton corporate office we have to buy specific items. We do not have a full kitchen so everything is precooked and we are only responsible for reheating it and serving. The bread is another issue and I will talk to the breakfast hostess to make sure that no stale breads get put out in the future. Again I do apologize for us failing to meet your standards.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey and letting us know how to improve.

Sincerely
Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not only the best rooms, lots of amenities within walking distance. they make you feel welcome and will certainly do whatever is needed to make sure you are totally satisfied with your stay. you even get 2 types of pillows and bright white bed spreads.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments. We always enjoy hearing about positive experiences. I have shared your comments with all the staff and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks again
Dundas, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel staff were all very helpful with directions and information about restaurants and events in the area. The beds were very comfortable -- so comfortable that we simply stayed in bed all day on one day. The room smelled amazingly clean and fresh, none of that stale, used air smell. The free beakfast was delicious. I will certainly return when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks again
Kirkland Lake, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. Staff is efficient and friendly. I've stayed three times and plan on returning. Breakfast was excellent and the pool, hot tub and exercise area are a nice welcome. Great stay. It's location is prime as well; near restaurants, the cinema and access routes to shopping and businesses.

1 Thank Heather M
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I have shared this with the rest of the staff who appreciate this as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Newcastle, Ontario
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We've come to rely on Hampton Inn for a good bed, good shower, good sized TV and a half-decent free breakfast. The Guelph location didn't disappoint. You could add friendly staff to the list. The only issue - and it's a minor one. The friendly staff call the room about a half-hour after check-in to make sure everything is OK. When you've had a long day, and you just get down to nap, the phone call is an unwelcome wake-up call.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CraigPenney
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I have shared this with the rest of the staff.and they appreciate the feedback as well. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.