“Good stay at a nice Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good stay at a nice Hampton”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Was here for two days for a basketball tournament. Although the hotel is close to an industrial area, it is within walking distance of a big mall with a movie theatre, and a few restaurants (Wendy's, Timmy's, Turtle Jacks). Minutes from the highway.

Check in and check out was quick and courteous. Check out 12 noon but no worries for later check out at 1 p.m. Room was spacious and clean. Beds, as usual for Hampton, were quite comfy. Use of brushed nickel fixtures in bathroom, stainless steel fridge and mike gave room upscale feel. All this in a standard room with 2 queen beds.

Breakfast buffet was good, although second day no hot meat item (home fries instead). Good selection of food, juices and drinks. There were other basketball teams and even hockey teams at hotel so despite being busy, staff kept breakfast area clean and buffet well stocked.

Fitness room and pool area nice and functional without giving you a feeling of being cramped in a small area. Noticed staff replenishing towels and seeing if both areas needed anything.

We had a very good stay and would not hesitate coming back to this hotel. Thank you to the staff at the Hampton Inn Guelph.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Wildkard,

Thank you for your kind comments!! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this March. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Hampton cloud 9 beds, refrigerator and microwave that are included in all of our guest rooms.

We love having sport teams stay with us and look forward to having you and your family back to stay with us! Thank you again for taking the time to post a review about us!

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed for a weekend getaway, the hotel was as expected. I was worried because of the high number of young sports teams staying at the hotel - but It all turned out fine. Quite night's stay. Room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was good and hit the spot. Pool, hot tub and fitness room were good too - although the pool was a bit cool. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travel_daddie
Dear Travel_daddie

Thank you for posting a review of our property! We are thrilled to hear that your weekend getaway was what you were hoping for. We try our best to place those guests that are not traveling with groups/teams in different areas of the hotel so they too can enjoy their stay to the fullest.

We are glad you were able to take advantage of our breakfast, hot tub and pool, although you found the pool a little cool. We have recently had our maintenance manager look into our pool temperature to ensure it is always at 82 degrees.

Thank you again for your helpful comments and suggestions. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experiences to make every stay a great one, because at Hampton, we love having you here!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It would appear that this property has had a change in management and/or more training since my last two disasterous visits as previously reviewed. I visited this property the first week of February and found everything to be pleasant and on par with Hampton's. The check in process was easy, the room I was assigned was not currently occupied (see previous review), the room was clean and staff pleasant.

Keep up the good work - I will return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Duchessoftravel,

We are extremely glad to hear that your visit was much better than your previous! We did have new staff members at the time of your previous stays and do apologize for the inconveniences with your rooms that you encountered at that time. We have taken appropriate measures to ensure all of our staff are properly trained so this does not happen to any of our future guests.

We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve on all of our guest's experiences. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We had a nice time at the Hampton Inn with a lovely pool and hot tub. Room was very clean and spacious. Our friends room had been smoked in and front desk immediately moved them to a room which was fresh and clean on the same floor as we were. Beakfast was above expectations, with hot eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, fruit salad and single fruit bananas and apples. yogurt, juices the works. For a getaway weekend with friends this hotel fit the bill. We were very pleased. Thanks Hampton.

Room Tip: choose a room that the air isn't blowing on you bed our room was fine but our friends had a roo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nancy L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our swimming pool and that our breakfast was satisfying for you and your party. We value your business and are always looking for ways to improve on all of our guest's experience.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future because at Hampton, we love having you here!!

Wallaceburg, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here in October 2011. Very lovely motel. Rooms were fresh and pretty. Excellent salt water pool and exercise room. Continental breakfast included with full array of food - waffles, eggs, cereal, muffins, yogourt, etc. Fantastic value for the money. Friendly and courteous staff as well. The beds are so comfy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Karen G, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Hello Lydia F.,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed the salt water swimming pool, cloud nine beds and our deluxe hot breakfast buffet. When staying at a Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, you can always be assured to receive these great amenities in addition to our hamptonality!

Look forward to greeting you again in the future,

Karen Goni
Sales Manager
Pincher Creek
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton for two weeks in September-October. We had asked for a handicapped room, and were delighted with what was provided. The room was very spacious which made it easy for me to use my walker, and the bathroom was super -- roll-in shower, grab bars, raised toilet set (such a necessity for a physically challenged person), and vanity that was easily accessed. The king sized bed was very comfortable and there was a beautiful large desk for paper work. Continental breakfast was super good with so much variety. Enjoyed the hot tub. The swimming pool looked inviting, but we didn't make use of it. We also were able to visit comfortably with friends in the common area on the main floor. We would recommend this place to anyone -- very quiet, friendly and clean. You spoiled us for anywhere else. My only complaint? It was almost impossible to get the shampoo or conditioner out of those tiny little bottles!!
Roy & Lois Smyth

Room Tip: If you're looking for a handicapped room, this is it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoisPincherCreek
Karen G, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Mr & Mrs Smyth,

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were able to comfortably make it your temporary home.

In regards to your comments on the shampoo and conditioner bottles, they now make the bottles much smaller, as we dispose of the opened ones daily and that is part of our effort to be more environmentally friendly. Next time you are in town, we will be sure to provide a larger bottle for you since we know your stay is long-term.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Karen Goni
Sales Manager
Aubrey, TX
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Made a 2 night reservation and made an error booking on line so they gouged me for a night I wasn't there, even though the person I spoke with on the phone said he would take it up with manager. When they corrected the reservation, they jacked my rate through the roof. Staff very rude and uncaring. Room was minuscule, thought it might be for dwarfs, no place to put luggage and bags. TV was tiny, my computer screen is larger than the TV in this room. Internet was so slow in room, went to their business center, keys would not work. Finally got access, only 1 of the 2 computers was connected to Internet. Hinged mirror door on closet would not close, so would swing open as soon as you let it go, and blocks passage to bathroom. Put Do Not Disturb sing on door as I didn't want housekeeping beating on my door at 8:00 am, left room at 11:45am, took sign off, and outside my door were 2 maids. I told them I was leaving and the room was theirs. Came back that evening to find room not cleaned or touched. Went down to front desk clerk who shuffled some papers and said my DND sign was on the door, so told him when I left and that I specifically let 2 maids outside my door know that I was leaving for the day. He starts quoting me policies and procedures like its my fault. So asked for a few clean towels (they also have the worst scratchy towels on the planet) and I followed him to laundry. No towels, so we have to trek off to third floor to find some. I told him this experience so far was a disaster and this was about the worst Hampton I've ever been to. Instead of being interested in the problems, he just said he was sorry.

Worst part was the bed....HORRIBLE. So worn it had a crater in the center, had to sleep on the edge of the bed to avoid rolling into the center, my back and shoulders are still aching from this miserable bed. The carpets were filthy, the room smelled acrid and the sound insulation pathetic. Anytime anyone within 12 rooms in any direction flushed the toilet, you could hear it. The shower stall had a two panel sliding glass door and the one end was padded with a make-shift dirty plastic bag, I suppose to keep the glass door from banging the frame. Bathroom was tiny, the coffee maker was tucked away in some wall cubby hole, no outlet, so you have to pull it all out and find some place to set it. Gave up on that. Breakfast the usual manufactured omelets and bad coffee, but I don't use Hampton Inn for the breakfast. Was never recognized as a Hilton Honors member, never received a newspaper in the morning, and saw some reference on the bill that I agree to pay $1.00 for my free newspaper that I never received, I'm not done with that. The management at this hotel is uniformly rude and uncaring about customer service issues, complaining to them is a complete waste of time. If you have a choice elsewhere, consider it, this is absolutely the worst Hampton Inn I have ever been to in the U.S. or Canada.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, there is a Holiday Inn Express down the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank HorseFlicks
Karen G, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our hotel, I apologize for your past stay not being the quality we are accustomed to providing. Thank you for bringing this experience to our attention. We pride ourselves on our customer service and take guest reviews very seriously. We will be sure to speak with our staff to ensure they are aware of the discontent you have experienced.

We certainly would be grateful for an opportunity to proof our higher level of customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally if I could assist you at all in the future.

Karen Goni, Sales Manager