“This is a great place to stay in a really nice town.”

Norfolk Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Guelph B&B and Inns
Grand Prairie, Texas
“This is a great place to stay in a really nice town.”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Norfolk Guest House for the past 4.5 months. It has been a great experience, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Guelph. This is a small, 7 room, B&B that is like staying at your very well to-do grandma's with top notch service. I come and go as I please for almost 5 months now. The beds are fabulous, as are some of the bathrooms. (Bombay and Penthouse have great bathrooms. The Norfolk as WiFi, HD TV in most rooms, and access to a kitchen if you need it. Really enjoyed my time and know that you will too. Say hi to Wiener for me. He is the old, totally deaf cat.....

Room Tip: If you have the budget, choose the Penthouse. Otherwise, I loved the Bombay room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We would strongly recommend this establishment to any couple needing a luxurious getaway!
Very clean & spacious, comfortable, quiet. Janet was a fabulous host who answered all our questions and helped us with dinner reservations. Breakfast was more than ample and had a great variety of options.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Penthouse Suite and it was quiet and very lovely. Lots of natural light, in room f...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
St. williams, ont
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Our stay at the norfolk guest house was booked for us by our sister as a gift. What a gift it was! We stayed in the Grandview suite. So very romantic. The room was imaculate and decorated so beautifully. The hot tub, fireplace, and candles made it the perfect place to share our love for one another on our 25th anniversary. Janet, the host was so wonderful and kind and made sure our stay was unforgetable. For dinner Janet called over to a very nice restaurant by the name of Bin 23 to reserve seating for us and also told them of our anniversary. They served us a delicious healthy meal and even gave a complimentary dessert because of our special day. My husband and i are both on a specialized eating plan for health and weightloss. Janet prepared us a very healthy breakfast with oatmeal and strawberries served with yogurt and some delicious melon. There were alot of other tasty food choices on her menu as well. Something to please everyones appetite. Her coffee is one of the very best cups of coffee i have ever had. Janet is a very kind and friendly host and we truly enjoyed our conversation with her during our stay. We really loved our time away at Norfolk Guest House and will definately be returning.

Room Tip: Take a look at her website. The views of the rooms say it all. All the rooms there are so beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Carp, Ontario
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My two night stay at the Norfolk Guest House was a very positive experience. The rooms are all gorgeous and immaculately clean. The Grand View Suite was so luxurious with its comfortable furniture, HUGE bathroom with jacuzzi and walk-in shower, balcony and a very comfortable bed. Janet gave me great advice about restaurants and places to go on my first trip to this area and she cooked up a healthy, hot breakfast. If you want a clean, luxurious and comfortable bed and breakfast, this is THE place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My parents and I stayed here a few days ago when I was moving into my new student home. It is absolutely beautiful! The service was warm and welcoming, the food was delicious and the location was right downtown, so close to everything! The host pointed out the frequent stay card (on the back of the business card) so I'm sure my parents will be making many more trips up to visit me when I'm at school!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Norfolk House was the perfect place to stay while visiting my friends in Guelph. My night in the Bombay Room was restful and calm. Breakfast was fantastic, as was the conversation with Janet and her guests. I''d stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the penthouse room for a night (it was the only room available at the time). We were warmly welcomed by the host. Having stayed at a number of bed and breakfasts around Ontario, we thought the house and room were very nice, though our particular room felt like it cost more than it was worth.

The thing that really hit me the wrong way was breakfast. The website shows a beautiful menu with multiple options. It sounds like a lot of food, but it's not. The kicker was that we had told the hosts multiple times (when we made our reservation and in-person) that we were vegetarians, and they put bacon on my plate!

We didn't expect any special treatment or food options (just the ones on the online menu), but we were hoping they would be sensitive to our needs. It may have been an honest mistake, but I don't feel like dealing with mistakes went I'm spending $250/night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple