“Beautiful beautiful although now under reno”

Church of Our Lady Immaculate
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Guelph
Guelph, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful beautiful although now under reno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

You can be easily distracted from the religious service by the many icons on the walls & in the gorgeous stained glass window. This church reminds me of many European churches visited.

Visited April 2014

Uxbridge, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“This place is the bomb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I loved our visit here. I would recommend this to anyone who loves looking at beautiful and historic old churches.

Visited July 2013
Guelph, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“somewhat unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently took some vrom the Caribbean here. They visited for a day and they are quite religious, at least compared to me. It's the sort of church one might find in Europe, except these people take their Catholicism very seriously. I was admonished for not taking off my winter hat when we entered. The stained glass is quite impressive. The sheer size of the church is quite impressive. It sits on Catholic Hill, and no building in Guelph is allowed to be taller. You can see it from miles away on the Starkey Loop hiking trail which is a popular half hour trail just outside of Guelph. It's open most of the time, and except for Sundays there is a lot of parking. It's undergoing repair at the moment, inside and out. I also took my guests to the Farmer's market not vey far away first. It runs from 7 til noon Sat morning. They enjoyed themselves.

Visited November 2013
Mississauga, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place Located Conveniently - Must Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Undoubtedly, this is a beautiful place. It has a great design and since it was made in the 1870s (around the time when Alexander Graham Bell was born) it's historically significant.

Located right next to the Civic Museum and other Guelph attractions, it's hard to miss out, and a must-visit for any person who's visiting Guelph. I visited it today and loved it. The city of Guelph has maintained it nicely.

It's a big church and it looks like a cathedral (a very beautiful one at that).

Visited October 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Inspiring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

An historic Church in a grand location. Part way through it's renovations, it's still amazing to take one of the Sunday tours.

Visited September 2013