“Sevice was good -- food was average”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #75 of 408 Restaurants in Guelph
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I noticed the waiters and waitresses in this restaurant were very, very good. Sadly, the same can not be said about the food. It's the same sort of basic grub you'd get in Cora's or in any of the other breakfast-only places that seem to be popping up everywhere. It's a middle-of-the-road menu at a middle-of-the-road price. If you're not expecting too much, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

On July 25, 2012 three friends went out for breakfast at the Sunset Grill. Two of us ordered the three eggs and peameal bacon and both enjoyed our meal. The other party ordered steak and and poached eggs and he also enjoyed the breakfast. The food was very tasty. My only complaint is that I had to has for refill of the coffee every time, so the service will get a low rating for that reason. The atmosphere is clean and modern but the tables are small and crowded. I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have been to this restaurant a total of 4 times since it has opened. This is the first time we didn't get comped a meal (because we didn't complain this time). The bacon is consistently overcooked and tough. The one time we had peameal bacon it was thin, cut incorrectly and overcooked. We live nearby so we really do want them to do well as it would be so convenient. We hear people raving about the one in Toronto and can't imagine they're serving the same type of food.

Other than that the food is as the other review says "ok" - nothing special. Prices are high enough that I expect better.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Hot and crowded. Tables were too small for four people - we were constantly bumping elbows (we are not big people). Eggs were overcooked and the potatoes were cold. I believe the spinach in my eggs florentine was the frozen variety and they used way too much. It was overpowering.

Won't be back.