“My Breakfast Go-To”
Review of The Joint Cafe - CLOSED

The Joint Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Joint Cafe located in downtown Guelph. The cafe is a cool and comfortable place to relax and grab a Birds & Beans coffee, glass of wine, craft beer or custom cocktail. We offer a variety of beer by the bottle, such as Mill Street Organic & Tankhouse, as well as Stonehammer Dark & Pilsner & Wellington SPA. Our food is second to none and is all made from scratch in house. Check out our menu on our website.Take a seat in front of our fireplace and chill out with a favourite magazine or book. Our team is ready to serve you and allow you some quiet time to just decompress from the day.We do offer free wi-fi to our guests, but we are a laptop free zone from 11am-2pm & during our evening dining. It is important to us to keep our tables open for our dining clientele.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This place is wonderful. Mind you, I admit I really have only been for breakfast, but I love this place beyond measure. Staff is attentive, friendly, relaxed... Atmosphere is cozy and cute. We get the omelette every time. The potatoes (wonderfully garlicky!), the sausages, the scone, the omelette, the CHILI SAUCE... I feel blown away every time. The breakfast wrap is another favourite. We had a minor minor problem once (in the dozens and dozens of times we have gone there) but the issue was taken care of beautifully by the staff. We find that the quality is consistently outstanding here. My boyfriend teases me, telling me not to recommend this place to too many people, or it will get too busy. Let's keep this review a secret, shall we?? ;-)

There are newer reviews for The Joint Cafe

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The food was reallydelicious but what I find to be so outstanding is the service. The staff really do work hard at making eating there a good dining experience. Love going, time after time!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have never had a bad experience. The food is great, love the atmosphere, and the owner is absolutely lovely.

Two small critiques: The hours, but then, this is Guelph. There have been many times I wanted to grab a bite here to find it closed. Would love to see one or two nights where it's open late. And don't sit by the door. A break-wall or a curtain to stave off the chill would be very helpful, since a few tables are right by the door, and on a busy Sunday, it's opening a lot.

Good vegetarian options

Best grilled cheese and scones in the city.

Portion sizes are perfect.

Most recent meal: omelette of the day, with caramelized onions, goat cheese, fresh herbs, garlic roasted potatoes, a big scone, and grapefruit in lieu of sausage (I said "hold the sausage" and they said "would you like a grapefruit half?" Nice touch)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had heard some great reviews about this restaurant from a casual acquaintance and thought we'd give it a try. Sad to say but we were disappointed. I ordered the chicken pot pie which was cold and was poorly made. The roux was undercooked so it tasted like raw flower.
My wife ordered the chicken fettucini and it was a greasy mess, I mean swimming in oil. It was too bad as Downtown could use another restaurant, especially one with an organic twist.
On the bright, our server was very bright and charming, so it wasn't a complete disaster. Maybe I'll give their breakfast a try sometime, I've heard good things about it.

2  Thank Alistair M
Reviewed November 13, 2013

At first we were not sure whether we would like this place or not. The atmosphere was nice, decor was cool...but we did not feel very welcome. We stood at the door for what seemed like a very long time before we were invited to sit down...then we waited another 5 minutes before we were brought a menu and asked if we wanted a beverage. Not a good first impression.

Once we ordered our food, things improved. Our waitress warmed up a little and the food was lovely. My husband and I both enjoyed our meal. The salad was not cheap, but it was large and rustic and quite filling! Bravo! I did feel as though a lot of thought went into the menu and that always makes me feel good about a restaurant!

We would definitely return. My only criticism would be that they talk to the servers about being a little more friendly.