“No rating between Very Good and Average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 382 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Guelph, Canada
“No rating between Very Good and Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went for my Birthday on a Monday night since going on the weekend was out of the question, it was packed with a line up out the door, good for them though, I guess it's to be expected with a new place. Atmosphere is well, Burger Joint for sure, but nice and new. Our sever was great, very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the menu. We started with drinks and a shake for my Daughter, all the drinks came in those Pyrex style measuring cups, quirky and fun ! The shake was delicious. Upon our severs recommendation we ordered the onion ring starter and she was right it was fantastic, I highly recommend it as far as onion rings go. At that time we ordered our meals which as informed came right at the 20min mark, functional presentation in metal trays, and just chocked full of food, good stuff. I was expecting something more from the burgers but hey they were good none the less if not a little worryingly pink inside, but they guarantee an internal temp of 165 so all should be good right. I am a chef so I understand when meat is a little pink inside but decided to ease my wife's worry and ask the server who quelled any doubt, thanks again. It is nice to see new places coming to town. Truth be told it seems like a long time coming, the "Gourmet" burger fad has been raging in Toronto for quite a while now with a little better examples to be had. Don't get me wrong, I like it and will go back, just saying....Oh and it is a little on the expensive side, nice for a treat once in a while though. Toronto prices I guess.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank SunWorship46

Guelph,On
“Start with a Shake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

GREAT shakes made with real ingredients in a multitude of flavours - very filling, very satisfying!
About 75 different kinds/combinations of burgers. You choose your burger - either beef, chicken, bison... choose your bun, toppings, and a tasty side. No bargoon but its good quality, great taste experience!

• Visited May 2012
Ontario
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night around five - like the others there with young kids. Server was great with our son and us. We'd been to a couple of the Ottawa locations before so we knew there'd be a wait for burgers. Food is great but overpriced for what you get really. A nice treat. We could eat as a family at lone star and get appetizer meal and desert for the same price.

Guelph
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Cool concept, fun atmosphere! It's an awesome place to try and go again if you feel like a great burger!

Visited March 2012
Guelph
“Good food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have been to the Works, three times now and have enjoyed it a lot. The food is really good, and I always leave very full! You don't need an app because the meal is so large but they are so good it is hard to resist. I would recommend splitting an app and a main- if you can decide which one to get!! The beach house sauce is really tasty especially with the die cut fries. The only down fall of this place is the price, a little high in my opinion. $25.00 for a burger and a beer. But very nice for a treat!!!

Visited March 2012