“Great place to stay for business”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel a lot to the Guelph area on Business. A guest service agent like Aamir at this hotel makes a lot of difference on your enjoyment of a stay. He was polite and professional and made sure that I had everything I needed at the hotel. The location is handy for access to Guelph but there is not a lot of street noise so you can get some rest when needed at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Phil O
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We certainly enjoy hearing the positive review that you gave us and I am sharing it with all the staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Guelph. The staff and manager are very helpful on accommodating you. When I wanted to stay on the first floor but they had only rooms on the third floor. Aamir Khan worked on getting my a room on the first floor. Aamir always had a smile on his face and greeted you like he know you from along time ago. He had made my stay each time at Holiday a great place to stay away from home and would stay there all the time when needed.
having Aamir Khan working at front desk made checking in and our a great pleasure for my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank kevin l

Dear Guest,

I am glad that the staff was so accomodating. I have talked to Amir about this and let him know how good of a job he is doing. We appreciate the great comments and you taking the time to fill out this survey. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

They have the standard Holiday Inn Express amenities, with the addition of an indoor pool and hot tub. Even though I kept trying to make time to get in, it never happened. While I negotiated a reduced rate with the management to compete with the rate of the nearby Holiday Inn, I felt that they could have done better for me as a long term guest.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nutritiondr
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future. Our rates will always be competitive with hotels in our market. and we will strive to make sure that this will always be the case. We do appreciate the time you took to fill out this survey to let us know how we are doing, as well as bring the rate issue to our attention.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed for a sports tournament. The HVAC unit in Room 108 was extremely noisy; I mean finger nails scratching a blackboard noisy, for sure a broken bearing or something. We came to our room late and we where all to tired to complain or switch rooms . I had to use my noise cancelling ear phones to get to sleep my wife did not sleep at all, my daughter was so tired she fell sleep and we did not want to disturb her. Other than that , this hotel has everything you expect in a holiday inn.

Room Tip: Do not get room 108
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the noisy heater. The fan was broken and has been fixed. I sincerely apologize for us not noticing this prior to your arrival. I am glad that the rest of the stay was good. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Friendly staff remember patrons from past stays. Comfortable rooms well priced. This location is frequented by agriculture organization members. Come on Tuesday for Managers reception - mingle with farmers, business people and travellers in a friendly atmosphere.
I stay here frequently on business. The hotel goes out of its way to make a stay convenient and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. We appreciate the positive feedback and will be sharing it with the rest of the staff. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It is one of the most nicest hotels in Ontario -- very clean and organized. Its employees are always smiling and cooperative. There is a very active manager and his name is Karim. He is very helpful and manages the hotel with lots of passion. Also they have a very nice breakfast menu and items are all free. The rooms quality is perfect, and front desk persons are doing their job in the best way. I like to stay there every time I go to Guelph. Overall, it may be one of the best hotels that I have stayed in Ontario for the priced I paid as they have great value and service.

Room Tip: Get the Two Queen Suite with Living Room as it is very spacious for the kids!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to fill out this survey. It is always nice to hear positive comments that I can share with the staff. If you ever have any questions about the hotel or need help with future reservations, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The front desk staff was completely rude. We paid for our room with Airmiles and had a confirmation email. They said the had the room booked but there was a problem with the payment from Airmiles...they have us the run around and made us feel like it was somehow our fault. It took almost 30 minutes to get checked in, she charged us extra for a third person and then gave us a room with one bed, back down we had to go to get a new room.

Then after leaving and coming back a few hours later there was absolutely no parking! Cars were even parked in the fire zone out front. Very poor planning when they built a hotel this size with limited parking.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Melanie D
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Allow me apologize for the confusion surrounding your reservation payment with airmiles. I will be retraining staff on how to deal with this issue. I am surprised by the parking issue and will implement new procedures to make sure that only registered vehicles remain in the parking lot. We have more parking spots than rooms so it is either rooms brought more than 1 vehicle or other people were parking in our lot. Again I apologize for both of these issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime.