“Spotless, well-run”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Vancouver, Canada
“Spotless, well-run”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is worth the price. You get a nice room, a pool, hot tub, free breakfast, microwave and fridge and the beds are great. Very clean room and the hotel personnel was friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to highways to Fergus, Elora, Elmira, Kitchener, Waterloo, and it's only about ten minutes from downtown Guelph and there was some restaurants, stores, and gas stations around the hotel. In the Guelph area, I find the Hilton and Holiday Inn Express in Guelph are the best hotels to go. The Hilton is a little more expensive than the Holiday Inn though. Loved this hotel. We only stayed for a night, but I definitely would've stayed longer. I can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Every Tuesday night the hotel has little appetizers and drinks going on as a special treat for their...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nisha D
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I have passed these along to all the staff. If you require any reservations at our hotel in the future please feel free to contact me anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wyandotte, Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I visit the Guelph area to conduct business. Folks at front desk are very friendly and courteous. Room is clean. Wake-up service is flawless. Many selections are available for hot and cold breakfasts. Good value for price of the room. Enjoy your stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

Frank S.

2 Thank Frank S
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments. We always strive to make your stay the best possible. I am very glad that we were able to succeed in this regards when it came to your reservation. Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will be more than happy to take care of you in the future.

Thanks,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We come every year for UofG open house and once again a great stay. Front desk staff is always so accommodating, pool and hot tub were clean and perfect temperature. Room was clean, comfortable and we love having the microwave and fridge so we can shop at the market and keep purchases fresh. Excellent value for the money, we will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Henry O
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the positive review. We here at the Holiday Inn Express always want to here from our guests. Please feel free to contact me anytime to make future reservations. Of course if you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel offers everything a traveller is looking for in accomodations, value, cleanliness, and friendly service. The staff at the front desk were very helpful, checking in was quick and efficient. I misplaced my key 3 times, and there was no incident. The hot and cold breakfast had so many options , definitley a great way to start a busy day. The rooms were spacious, the furniture was all updated , the room had a great well lit desk with a nice leather office chair. The appliances worked great, fridge, micro, iron, coffee maker, blow dryer, flat screen tv, wi-fi, and the amenities I used in the facility were more then adequate, a nice pool, and a workout room. The hotel also offered dry cleaning service as well, the beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet at night. Overall my stay was fantastic, thanks to Karim and his staff, they made me feel very welcome, and the newspaper outside your door in the morning is a nice touch as well. The location is great, 2 minutes driving south on silvercreek and you have several dining options, grocery, pubs,tims, and shopping. If you are heading to Guelph, whether on business or pleasure, -stay here, no dissapointments-

1 Thank jimmyrozner
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for those kind words. I am glad that the staff and services made your stay a great one. We always love hearing from our guests. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel's staff are always very helpful & have gone over & above to assist when asked for any extra needs or requests . The rooms are always clean and ready when arriving ,plus laundry when needed ,pool to relax & small fitness center as well ,plus a handy business center when need along with great high speed internet . An overall great stay & and is always 1st choice when in need of a room in the Guelph area .I stay for both business & solo /relaxation .

1 Thank Bob R
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for talking the time to respond via tripadvisor to let us know how we did. I have posted this for the staff to read as well. I always look forward to guest comments so that we can improve. If you have any questions or need future reservations please feel free to contact the hotel or myself anytime.

London, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located for the basketball tournament we were in. Our room was comfortable and clean. The issue we had is when the girls came back from their basketball game they went to shower but there was no hot water. We called the front desk, they told us to run the water for a few minutes. We did and no hot water came out. The girls were exhausted so we went to bed. When we went to shower in the morning we again had no hot water. We called the front desk they told us the same thing and said they would look into it. We never heard from anyone. When we finally were getting ready to leave the room we ran into a staff member she explained that they had a new water heater put in and maybe it was taking time to reach upstairs. We went to have breakfast at the buffet which was fresh and well stocked. A man came to talk to us and gave us the same explanation that the other staff member did. We said we were disappointed that n one came to check it out and didn't do anything for us. He told us that was upto management etc. when we were checking out we once again expressed our disappointment and asked for reimbursement of some sort. We were once again directed to talk to management who was not available till Monday. However, we're then told that the man who talked to us at breakfast was the owner. Not impressed with the customer service from the beginning of the issue until the time we left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sunshine904
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Good Day,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the inadequate service that you recieved on your stay. I did speak with you and I look forward to your next stay here to show you that this is not the norm. I do apologize again.
Port Elgin
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Holiday Inn Express was in a great location with many amenities. Very friendly and accommodating staff and breakfast buffet had alot of choices. My complaints are the cleanliness of the rooms and the maintenance of the overall hotel. In our room the furniture had dust all over it and the microwave has some smudged cleaner on it. The bathroom door had something all over it that was not wiped off and the floors in the bathroom were not that clean. Overall maintenance - first room we checked into the heater was so noisy we asked to have our room changed. They moved our room two doors down into non-smoking but across the hall were the smoking rooms and you could smell the smoke in the halls. The breakfast area was very cold and they did not have the fireplaces operating in the room and the halls of the hotel were freezing. The rooms did not have heat in them when you arrived in the room . I guess they don't believe in keeping some heat in the hotel to prevent moisture and mold. Overall the hotel would be a great place to stay due to its location but improvement needs to be made in housekeeping and maintenance of the building. In winter you do need heat on. I have no intention of staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank maryannes894
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you experienced during your stay. The heater in the first room has been fixed as the bearrings were starting to go in it. All the rooms have their own heater/air conditioner so that you can control the temperature to whatever you like. The Breakfast area is always maintained at 70 degrees and has been that way since I can remember. I have also talked to the housekeeping staff about the issues you raised. I can assure you this won't happen again. I apologize about the inadequate housekeeping and the fact that the breakfast area wasn't warm enough for you. Please contact me and I would love to help you get a discount off a future night.