“Clean and roomy”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and roomy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in february of 2012. I would definitely return based on space, (king with ensuite) price, and cleanliness. The only item out of whack was the hairdryer which didn't work....not a biggie as that was the only real area relating to any type of complaint. Thumbs up.

Room Tip: King size it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. It truly gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment to have the opportunity to serve someone so humble as yourself. We strive everyday to ensure we exceed all guest expectations. It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I rate this hotel as one of the best of the Holiday Inn Express chain. The chain itself continues to rise in my opinion, and now is consistently better than my other usual choice, Best Western. Ten years ago, I would have put the two chains neck and neck, but now the Holiday Inn Express has pulled ahead and continues to do so.

I'm going to rave a bit about the hotel, because it is truly my favourite in the area and in its class. Keep in mind that it is a Holiday Inn Express, not a downtown business hotel. In comparing apples with apples, this hotel comes out ahead of others competing for the same market.

This is the only Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in that looks for opportunities to make the guests feel they are staying in a higher class of hotel than they really are.

I have stayed in this particular Holiday Inn Express probably a dozen times over a few years. I think it was pretty much brand new the first time. I've been here alone, with my family, and in all seasons, you name it. I have a lot of choice, and this is my pick if I am passing through the Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, or even Toronto area.

What I like:

1. The beds are really comfortable.

2. There is free wifi.

3. The rooms I've had have been clean and fresh and quiet, with good temperature controls and blackout curtains.

4. It's really easy to reach by car from the north or from the Waterloo International Airport. this is my hotel of choice for the first and last nights of many trips.

5. The breakfast selection is as good as any other Holiday Inn Express and significantly better than one or two I can think of.

6. The breakfast room is clean and comfortable.

7. The breakfast room staff are the nicest I've met, even compared to the other Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at.

8. The pool area is clean and calm (at least, when I've been there. I'm sure a few kids could liven the place up on weekends).

9. There was a manager's reception / happy hour after work when I was last there. I think these happen every week, but this is the first time I've attended. It's a great idea and a lovely gesture. Instead of just being a building full of individual bedrooms, the hotel suddenly feels more like a building full of interesting people.

10. This hotel is clean. The public and private areas are all well looked-after. When you enter the front door, you feel like this is a business that wants to look its best for you.

11. Last but not least, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. For example, recently they have bent over backwards to help me look for a lost item, really showing empathy and wanting to be helpful. I am very appreciative of this. It goes far beyond the call of duty, and is a level of service that I hope I rarely need, but that is often hard to find.

All in all, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Guelph is a strong combination of good physical facilities (I particularly like the beds and the showers) and a noticeable human touch, without being in any way intrusive. They make a real effort to take good care of the guests.

Room Tip: I've had several different rooms in different areas. All good.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, March 12, 2012

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I had business in Guelph necessitating a week's stay in a Hotel. My company registered a room in my name at the Holiday Inn Express on Silvercreek Road. I was welcomed warmly and shown to my room. Each day I was there, the most sincere and professional service was offered for any type of need I had!...entering the computer and printer area, being asked to just "sit and be comfortable over here, while you wait for your cab", right down to the apples and sweets in various locations of the foyer/breakfast area! My week away wasn't a frequent occasion for me so perhaps I was naively amazed at such warm Hospitality, but, being a woman carrying a full briefcase each day, feeling the exhaustion of full communication with a specific type of humanity and community, I can only hope that this small verbal word of thanks and compliment will tell Paula, Monica, Sarah, Alicia, Sukhi and Lily just how much I appreciated their kindness and their smiles each of the times I would see them.

I can't possibly put into words the unbelievable comfort of my bed!! Most nights my work kept me busy both at my desk, and the computer/printer room just down the hall, till at least ten pm. Pleasure and comfort beyond words, engulfed me every night when I could finally succumb to that cosy comfy and nearly impossible-to-get-out-of "nest"!!! I actually had to request TWO separate wake up calls each morning!!!

The hot and cold continental breakfast daily was a great treat for me!! Eggs and cheese, or scrambled with sausages or sausage patties, with AWESOMELY HUGE!! pancakes one specific morning (whoa!!!) and always sprinkled heartily with warmth and smiles!

I hope I am not leaving anything out, because my week at the Holiday Inn Express, was ...A business trip??? WOW!!! I had the most wonderful week ever!!!

many Thanks!
Helen from London,Ont.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Helen M
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. It truly gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment to have the opportunity to serve someone so humble as yourself. We strive everyday to ensure we exceed guest expectations. It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

What a super place to stay!
The Manager and staff are first class. The room was spacious, quiet, and clean. The hot complimentary breakfast is not to be missed which includes fresh fruit. This is my new Guelph home away from home.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fostersuzanne
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, February 7, 2012

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was in charge of booking the accomodations for my company's international board meetings and decided on the Holiday Inn Express due to its proximity with our office. The staff there were incredibly helpful and flexible with our parties needs and were excellent at communicating with me any changes that needed to be made to our group booking. Our group had only the best things to say about the staff and their customer service!!!!

The accomodations are not extravagant but are comfortable, very clean, and well priced for Guelph. The hotel is well maintained and is very quiet, which is nice for people who are travelling. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be booking with them again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, January 11, 2012

Sarnia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Our lacrosse team stayed here and the general manager took extra time to make sure things were looked after. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location provides excellent access to restaurants and entertainment in the area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, January 4, 2012

Haliburton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites for 2 days. Used the pool and spa and thoroughly enjoyed my stay, was so relaxed. It was very quiet and the staff pleasant and helpful. If I get the chance I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, December 12, 2011