“Real Surprise near the university”
Review of Tom Yum

Tom Yum
Ranked #160 of 383 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Guelph, Canada
“Real Surprise near the university”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

First time here, on friend's recommendation. What a treat. Great food. Good service. Well priced. I will soon check it out again to confirm but I think this is a winner. Atmosphere is minimal (very clean and spacious though) but the food makes up for it. Judging by the other patrons' comments they seem to agree. Tom Yum soup was excellent and the Pad Thai was great. Good selection of items on the menu but not the usual encyclopedia of entrees common to many Asian restos. Note: "Hot" means HOT on their menu. If you'd like it mild, let them know. Eat-in or take-away. Check it out!

• Visited September 2013

Frankfurt, Germany
“Great soup, average entree, served too quick”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there on Labour Day evening based on TripAdvisor recommendations looking for a not too expensive dinner. Interior is simple with a much better looking Chinese next door. We ordered soups and Thai Curries. Soups were just delicious and for that we'd come back again! Still while eating the soups the entrees were already served, something that should not happen especially when you have only a few guests. Comparing with the soups and with entrees of competitors the entrees were only average. Tab water pretty much tasted chlorinated. All in all, improvements are possible, then the pricing will be fine.

Visited September 2013
“Good Pad Thai in Guelph”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I walked in and ordered Pad Thai to go. They had my food ready quickly and off I went. The Pad Thai was pretty good, not the best I have ever had but definitely the best I have had in Guelph; much more flavourful than Ben Thanh.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank lllisaloo
“Great food, never disappointing.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We go to Tom Yum about 2-3 times a month. They have the best Pad Thai we have ever had. My son who is the pickiest eater, asks for that pad thai, time to time. The owners work hard and do their best to accommodate what you want. We love everything on the menu, it's fresh, service is quick. We keep going back for more.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“taste is always delicious and consistent”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We go almost every two weeks to have the delicious spring rolls and the tom yum soup. I love thai cuisine and have tried several other places in guelph and toronto, my favourite remains Tom Yum. The taste is always consistent. I love their fresh shrimp rolls, mango salad, tom yum soup and pad thai. They also have a good thai coffee which I also enjoy after a meal.

• Visited December 2012