“My simple experience was good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Cornerstone
Ranked #48 of 381 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy little spot downtown. Veggie/vegan. Good beer. Great service. One of my favorite places.
“My simple experience was good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went in for an iced coffee and a muffin. The iced coffee was better than most and the muffin was decent. I was traveling solo so the corner location made for great people watching. The place looks well worn, but the furniture was still strong and solid. (I can't stand wobbly tables and rickety chairs) One thing I liked about this place was I was not required to bus my own table. Not a big deal, but it drives me nuts when places have signs that say "bus your table".

• Visited July 2013

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We go here often for lunch or brunch. The food is always good and the staff are friendly. The place is pretty energetic most of the time.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Decent downtown destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the cornerstone many times and have never been super dissapointed, the prices are fair, maybe a little high, and the atmosphere very casual. The restaurant has lots of character and a charming feel, a small sidewalk patio where you can catch a breeze in the summer (it gets pretty stuffy inside when it's warm)
The service isn't always fantastic as far as checking in on drink refills etc, but overall it's a friendly place and a decent spot to catch up with friends and enjoy downtown Guelph

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Guelph, Canada
“Chill Atmosphere, Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lots of things usually happening at Cornerstone, Im surprised any night that I go. The staff are also awesome and make the place that much better. Keep in mind that the food is vegan, so therefore it can be pricy.

Visited April 2013
Toronto
“Good to fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped in for Sunday brunch last month on our way back to Toronto from Kitchener. The service was friendly and relatively prompt, even though the place was busy. The atmosphere is somewhat rustic, but nice. However, we found the food a bit disappointing. The portions seemed rather small for the price, and while tasty enough, "delicious" would be stretching it. For a soy-free vegan like myself, the brunch choices also seemed pretty limited.

• Visited March 2013