“One of my favorite spots” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Cornerstone
Ranked #49 of 382 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy little spot downtown. Veggie/vegan. Good beer. Great service. One of my favorite places.
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We go here often for lunch or brunch. The food is always good and the staff are friendly. The place is pretty energetic most of the time.

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Decent downtown destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the cornerstone many times and have never been super dissapointed, the prices are fair, maybe a little high, and the atmosphere very casual. The restaurant has lots of character and a charming feel, a small sidewalk patio where you can catch a breeze in the summer (it gets pretty stuffy inside when it's warm)
The service isn't always fantastic as far as checking in on drink refills etc, but overall it's a friendly place and a decent spot to catch up with friends and enjoy downtown Guelph

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Guelph, Canada
“Chill Atmosphere, Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lots of things usually happening at Cornerstone, Im surprised any night that I go. The staff are also awesome and make the place that much better. Keep in mind that the food is vegan, so therefore it can be pricy.

Visited April 2013
Toronto
“Good to fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped in for Sunday brunch last month on our way back to Toronto from Kitchener. The service was friendly and relatively prompt, even though the place was busy. The atmosphere is somewhat rustic, but nice. However, we found the food a bit disappointing. The portions seemed rather small for the price, and while tasty enough, "delicious" would be stretching it. For a soy-free vegan like myself, the brunch choices also seemed pretty limited.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cambridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice for a quick stop in.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has great atmosphere for casual brunch or some drinks with friends. As my husband and I walked in, the server quickly cleaned up the table where we wanted to sit. He read our body language and noticed which table we wanted. He also explained to us that the Brunch hour would end in 5 minutes. It was very nice of him to let us order Brunch food even though it was pretty close to chef's turn over time. Shortly, we ordered Breakfast Burrito & Breakfast Platter. Burrito was quite a big portion and I loved it. It was filled with beans and eggs. I loved the side dish that came with it and the salad looked fresh and the salad dressing was sweet enough so my husband had no problem tasting balsamic vinegar with the sweetness. My husband's platter was not so much impressive than my burrito. The white part of the egg was still wasn't cooked even though he ordered as over-hard. It seemed to me that everything on his plate was burned.
When we were done, we had our clothes covered with the burned cooking oil smell. It didn't go away for a long time. I think the restaurant has to upgrade their venting system. People who are sensitive to smells won't be able to stay in the place that long.
But all in all, it was good to try their food and service. I didn't try their coffee yet but I'm curious enough to try next time.