“Royal Brock redeemed itself” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre

BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Toronto
“Royal Brock redeemed itself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I wrote a review dated Dec.27/09 which detailed a somewhat unpleasant stay at the Royal Brock Best Western on Christmas Eve/09. About a week later I received a phone call from the manager, who, in order to compensate us, comped that stay and offered us a complimentary future stay. We used the comp room for Thanksgiving 2011 and I must say everything was wonderful. Excellent customer service from the reservations clerk to the front desk staff to the breakfast room staff. You've won us back, and we're booking again for Christmas Eve this year!

Room Tip: Ask for a cathedral-ceiling room - lovely!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ketan N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for returning to Trip Advisor and providing another review of our property. I am pleased to hear your stay was enjoyed and look forward to your visit this Christmas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have to highly recommend this place, i.e. location, ambience, food, amenties, room, etc. From the moment I arrived till departure, the staff couldn't do enought for me. and don't skip the breakfast buffet, what a treat..it has something for everyone. And be sure to check out room service from the lounge - the bar sampler.. amazing quality and value

Again thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review, I am sincerely happy we exceeded you expectations and that you enjoyed the many guest amenties and services we offer. Please visit us again upon your return to Guelph.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

In November we (two adults and two teenagers) did the university tours in the area and based on the reviews, decided to stay here for two nights. The hotel was everything I expected. It was literally across the street from U of Guelph. The room was very spacious, unique, clean and quiet. The free breakfast included a variety for everyone including healthy choices. The various reception staff were always helpful. The prices online ranged from $96 - $119 per night over a three week period. Documentation upon booking mentioned additional charges per night for both the third and fourth person. This is the only complaint I had about the hotel as I'd have preferred to know the total charge up front instead of upon checking out but when I did checked out, the charges were never applied so that was a bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LLWOntario
gmguelph, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Royal Brock regarding your recent stay. I was happy to see that your stay was problem free and the facilities to your liking. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Guelph.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I recently had to travel to Ontario for some training for work and as I have family in the area decided to stay in Guelph which is centrally located to all my family and friends. The Best Western was a great spot, great prices, the room was big and very clean. I would definitely recommend this place and will stay there again myself I'm sure!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the positive feedback. We work extremely hard to ensure each and every guest stay is perfect, I will forward your feedback to all staff. We look forwarding to your next visit.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have stayed here Multiple times over the past 3 years while traveling for work. I really like the location as it is right off Stone Road (Which has a mall, multiple restaurants, gas stations, and not too far from the actual downtown area as well).

The rooms seem like they had been updated within the past few years, and was a really comfortable stay.

They do have a lounge which servces food/room service, yet i usually just went out to eat at another restaurant since I was looking for a place with a better atmosphere. The free breakfest in the morning is a great advantage as well too.

But overall, perfect place to stay for me while traveling for work.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank HuskerFan2009
Thank you for the great review and your loyalty. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

In September when returning our son to university, we stayed at the Best Western. We have stayed at this hotel several times over the years (when it was the Ramada) and have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are nice and large and clean. It is close to the university and to the mall and has a nice complimentary breakfast. The only thing lacking is a dining room. We had dinner in the small bar which only holds a few people. Another plus is the discount when one is staying because of bringing students to university. We will definitely be making reservations to stay there again in December.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words, we at the Best Western Royal Brock are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in December.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had a very comfortable room with balcony; everything was very clean and in good working order, but the hall in the addition we were in had a decidedly musty odor. The motel location is on the edge of town, opposite the university and was pretty quiet while we were there. When I asked about the possibility of getting a newspaper, I was told there is a box over in the entrance way to the conference center which is attached to the main building. The breakfast had a nice selection of hot foods as well as cereals and fruit. The menu for the "bistro" which is a tiny area on the lower level, with a bar, and is only open 6-9 pm was not interesting so we found another place to have dinner. On our return around 7:30 I wanted a glass of wine so went to the "bistro" where there was no one working...and a family of four ending a meal The gal at the desk found someone, but then it emerged that I couldn't just get the wine and wander to my room; it had to be room service. On check-out I asked where the meals for this ghost restaurant were cooked and was told "at the conference center kitchen". That's probably ok but I really think the place is running primarily as a conference center and really not focused on guests i.e. the newspaper box and the lack of staff in the so-called bistro. The staff were very friendly and helpful; we got several recommendations in the area for dinner. We took a long walk in the arboretum located on the university grounds (which was very nice) but in the morning we realized we could have as easily walked into the main section of Guelff for a different kind of experience. Across the street there is a Delta Hotel which I would probably try the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a hike down a long hall and through 2 doors; next time I'd ask for a room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FingerLakesTraveler1
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We do hope you decide to give us another try on your next visit.