“I had a great stay, everyone was polite, professional and...”
Review of Days Inn Guelph

Days Inn Guelph
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel for a recent stay to the OVC, as it allows dogs.

The exterior is quite nice and belies the room appearances, unfortunately. The rooms are tired and outdated and very very sparse. The beds are very low, and not particularly comfortable. AC units are very loud. I tried 2 different rooms during my stay and they were both almost identical, I'd hoped by asking for a room with a fridge I'd get a slightly nicer room, but no dice. The hallways smell old and musty, however the rooms themselves were fairly clean. The female staff, at the desk and the housekeepers, were very friendly, though the male front desk clerk seemed very disinterested in even being there.

The hotel is in a great location for OVC patients, and is at a decent price. The breakfast bar was a bit disappointing, so we just had juice.

If you want a cheap pet-friendly room and don't expect a lot, this hotel will suit you fine. Just don't go in with high expectations. For $20 more a night we stayed at the Staybridge a couple km's away for our last night (apparently it is also pet friendly, but my dog was at the OVC so I can't confirm personally) and it was FAR nicer, immaculate and had a great breakfast and free dinner as well.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Called to ensure the 'accessible' room had a tub chair - at arrival it was missing - needs replacing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It is reasonably priced and I had everything that I needed with the exception of the access to a room with a computer. Staff was friendly and a small breakfast was included.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Was in Guelph for a week, stayed here since I really only needed a place to sleep and shower. My expectations for this inn were not high but after two nights I really wish I had spent a little more money on a better hotel.

Firstly, the front desk staff have been very rude; whenever I come in or leave I always smile and say hello. I have yet to get a response from any of them.

Secondly, on day two my remote control went missing. Spoke to one person at front desk and was told "oh, we have been having an issue with that" With what exactly? Remotes sprouting legs and running off?

Thirdly, came back to my room after a business meeting. The door to my room was not closed properly. I was able to come in without using my card key. I am just happy nothing was missing.

Fourth, I was out all day in meetings and I come back to find that my room was not even cleaned. No fresh towels - the ones from the morning were still damp. Had to go to front desk and ask for some.

For anyone wanting even mediocre service, I would suggest going elsewhere.

FYI - checking out in 2 days. Still missing my remote.

Room Tip: Make sure your door locks once it is closed.