WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The previous reviews are all bang on as far as the hospitality of the Front Desk. Very friendly and helpful, a great first impression. We were even offered lasagna that was just being served in the breakfast room - complimentary of course. Lobby is small, but decorated tastefully and is modern.

Room was newly renovated but is slowly starting to show signs of abuse. My desk was scratched in a manner that I could only describe as deliberate abuse. We rented two identical rooms and my room lacked a floor lamp and a desk lamp. Made for a dark room, but we were there only to sleep, so I didn't bring it up and in all due fairness, have no doubt Front Desk would've addressed the issue if I brought it to them. Still leaves you questioning the maintenance / cleaning staff's attention to detail...

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was just OK, overall this is what you would expect for the price. I would stay again for a night but would go elsewhere for an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Hallways smell of cigarette smoke but our room smelled fine. The room was clean and spacious. (Two queens). Toilet paper on the roll was almost empty but a spare was provided. The bed is okay but the pillows are a little thin. Complimentary breakfast was decent. Bacon is really greasy and sliced extremely thin but hey, it's free bacon :) The front desk staff are professional and accommodating. Would return for a short stay but probably not extended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tdmatte
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

As you'll read in other recent reviews, the new ownership are clearly committed to running a very high-quality property. I have stayed in similar hotels from coast-to-coast and I can say confidently that this is one of the finest quality properties in the chain.

I'm sure there is some technical reason as to why this place is not technically a three star but I can't think of it. Probably something to do with not having a restaurant. Regardless, the quality of stay is 3 to 3 1/2 star. The new renovations are great.

One of the rare perks of free hotel Internet access is speed. This place has blazing fast Internet

I have dealt with the local manager Ali a few times and he seems like a really swell guy. I can't recommend this property enough to anyone looking for great value and a high-quality stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AlexOliveira
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped in Guelph on our way from New York to Tobermory and got an inexpensive rate through Hotwire. We had no problems at all with the stay, and liked the continental breakfast -- choice of cereals and breads of course, but also yogurt, hot waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and fresh fruit. The front desk clerk who checked us in gave us a good recommendation for dinner and craft beer at the Woolwich Arrow downtown.

One warning: the hotel is two stories and doesn't have an elevator. That wasn't a problem for us, but one of our party had knee problems, so the stairs were a little painful. We were planning to stay again in a few days, so we put in a request with the very helpful gentleman at the front desk for a ground-floor room the next time.

Room Tip: Two-story hotel without an elevator, so be aware that you'll have to climb stairs to get to a se...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Vidiot42
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our stay here was amazing. My colleagues and I checked in very late, we were offered a snack upon check in and the lobby was beautiful. We went to our room and all of us were very surprised on how modern our rooms were, also I would like to mention the televisions are huge screens. We will come back next month for training, and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerald W
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed in the Comfort in Guelph over this past long weekend of May 17, 2014. I would like to take this opportunity and thank the kind gentleman at the front desk (So happens to be the owner) Mr. Aly, for his pleasant hospitality from the moment we arrived throughout the weekend.
The ambiance in the modern lobby is sophisticated and classy and continues throughout the hallways to the room, which was newly renovated, fresh, clean and inviting. Crisp linens and soft fluffy pillows, completed the cozy and worm atmosphere, allowed us to snuggle for a very restful and peaceful night sleep.
The hot breakfast buffet had a wide selection of fresh and worm offerings, the stuff was very friendly and attended to all requests in a fast and efficient manner.
We travel a lot and I have to say, good job Comfort Inn Guelph, very highly recommended, two thumbs up, Cheers !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShellinaElihis
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel was at a very convenient location for us during our stay in Guelph. There are certainly other options in the area, and lots of places for both dining and shopping within a block. It is very easy to access, and check-in was quick as well.

My online reservation was emphatic in requesting not having the smell of smoke in my room (the general reservation site had smoking room choices, so I assume this was a North American site)... I had read the prior reviews about the smoke smell, and knew Ontario had all non-smoking rooms, but I wanted to make sure. There was a faint smell of smoke in the lobby and hallway, but our room was fresh and clean. Everything was as expected with the room amenities, most we did not have the opportunity to use (fridge, microwave). The bed was a little hard compared to the one at home, but the pillows were comfortable, and there were extra blankets for the cool night. The wifi worked well, the included breakfast was the usual fare and a daily newspaper was provided.

The main desk staff was very courteous and accommodating, a big plus when travelling out of town. We had to checkout early, but knowing that we were going to be in town for the day, the manager gave us two discount coupons for restaurants we could visit that day. How nice. I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple