Comfort Inn
$55
$62
$55
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot breakfastfront deskgreat hotel for the pricesausagebreakfast roomdefinitely stay here againfridge and microwavevisiting guelphchecking outhousekeeping staffwafflesnon smoking roomnice roomnight staywaffle makerfresh fruitfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here once before a year ago and it was your typical cookie cutter comfort inn. HOWEVER the remodel and upgrades are fantastic! The lobby is amazing, a breakfast area has been added (chef incl) and the rooms have been upgraded.

I know where I am staying from now on if I am ever back in the area.

Kudos.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The exterior of this hotel shows its age, however the interior is all new. The young, new owner put a lot of work into remodeling this place and it shows. New carpet, bathroom vanities, tub/showers, flat screens for a moderate price near a business/industrial area. The breakfast room was bright and welcoming with wonderful, thin and lean bacon slices and scrambled eggs in addition to waffles, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. Extra touches for business travelers as well as tourists. Close to downtown and the university, it's a great choice!

Room Tip: Corner Jacuzzi suite very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was completely astonished when I arrived at the hotel. I was expecting your typical comfort inn experience. This hotel had an extreme makeover and looks and feels like a five star hotel. Everything was new and fresh. I wanted to speak to the manager to congratulate him but he was not available. I will be frequenting guelph in the near future, and this will be my spot to rest my head.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed one night. Staff were very helpful, room was spotless and the breakfast was great. Fresh waffles, hot coffee, juice, eggs AND pastries! The lobby is all new and quite beautiful. Location was good- very close to major routes and some shopping we had planned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am not sure where to start as I always try to say something positive so how about the cleaning staff was kind.
The manager Ali was beyond rude talking to freinds and his buddies on the phone and always placed me second.
The repairs being done allowed the repair men to go in my room without my permission and when I asked Ale he said as they did only 2 min as an hour past - they even entered my room when I was away and somehow Ali thought This was ok and chose to explain why.
My room was clean and that was it.
I asked for new batteries as the converter didnt work but they were busy on the phone.

I have stayed in many comfort inns and always satisfied this day I hope was just an off day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business