“Great sleep & great breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night this past weekend. The room was typical, nothing special, yet it was clean and we had a great night's sleep! Our room was #530 and was nice and quiet. No hallway noise at all. A nice bottle of champagne, glasses and chocolates was waiting for us in the room as we were in town for a wedding celebration with our family! Thanks Holiday Inn! The breakfast was delicious....and they were setting up for the lunch buffet that looked fabulous! If I had to be picky on anything....the elevator is very slow! lol! We would stay here again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Guelph, Manager at Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We are delighted to hear that you had a restful sleep during your stay, and that you were able to enjoy your celebration as well! We hope you and your family will be able to take part in our weekly Sunday brunch buffet the next time you are in town for a visit - it tastes as fabulous as it looks!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Overall I had an awesome experience at this location. Very welcoming staff, very clean and spacious rooms, and excellent food in their restaurant. Overall this hotel did a wonderful job at making me feel at home, and I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came here for a conference and ended up having to bring my youngest child with me (he had the flu). Not only were the staff AMAZING but there were many activities for my son to enjoy once feeling better (which mind you didn't take so long once he saw the pool!) the amenities were great and the staff were so kind and informative. What a beautiful stay and facility!

We will see you again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Guelph, Manager at Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We always appreciate our guests that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on our associates ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests and make their stay an experience to remember. I will be sure and share your comments with our staff members.
Sincerely.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Never been in such a warm and welcoming venue before!

The staff was amazing and always so happy to help. I was lucky enough to have met Kristin Bird who was there the majority of my visit. She was fantastic and really showed her enthusiasm for her job to her customers. Overall GREAT staff and so well organized!

Thank you so much for this wonderful visit! I will for sure be back and most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know travelling in Guelph!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We would like to thank you for leaving such a glowing review. We will look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great Hotel and always clean and relaxing. The staff are attentive and wonderful. Shower was heavenly after a long day of moving and assembling furniture for our daughter. Love this hotel! We stay here when visiting our daughter who is a student at a local University!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Guelph, Manager at Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We are pleased that we were able to have you as our guest during the University of Guelph move in weekend. We are thrilled to serve as your home away from home while you visit your daughter in the upcoming year.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night in august, it is good value for the money, the standard room I stayed in was in was quite small, the bathroom is not spacious, however, it is really nice, the furniture is in really good condition, I think the bathroom floor is heated, the tiles were very warm and cozy on the feet, loved it:)

They have recently done renovations, the lobby looks really nice and modern. I used to go swimming at this hotel when I was small because it is close to my house, I notice the changes made alot, it used to be traditional old school Holiday Inn, now its very up to date, the colours in the lobby are very nice, the pool area was updated too, however I did not get to swim:(

The hotel was really busy the night I was there with a wedding reception in the conference room and there music was really loud throughout the hotel and the party was loud in the lobby and wandering very drunk outside in the parking lot, noise travels through this hotel easily so I would choose top floor/corner units.

The breakfast area was nice, spacious, limited tables but that caused a backup because of the sports team who were eating getting ready for a game, we had to wait in line, but not long.
The buffet was really good, the pancakes and french toast and fresh fruit were so yummy, minus the powdered eggs which isn't anything new I guess for a large hotel chain to serve, they just taste odd to me, but still edible, everything else including the tea, was delicious and a very good way to start the day off well!

All in all it was a good stay, the beds are really comfy and fluffy and very easy to sleep in, it is really nice since the reno's, I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Top floor is good, less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Guelph, Manager at Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We are grateful for your gracious review of the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. Our management is proud that were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Guelph.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed one night at the Holiday inn in Guelph. Can honestly say it is like a new hotel. everything is remodelled and very modern. Very Clean, have nothing to complain about here. Would definitely stay here again. From speaking on the phone with them to everyone I encountered here was second to none. Very well managed hotel.Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: booked through price line and accommodating when you call the hotel for specific requests.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Guelph, Manager at Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

The management of the Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre appreciates you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your sincere comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to other visitors to Guelph.