“One of Guelph's Best”
Review of Queen's Cafe

Queen's Cafe
Ranked #30 of 475 Restaurants in Guelph

Date of visit: Saturday, January 11th, 2020

One of Guelph's best Restaurants.

This restaurant is only a couple of blocks from our home, but unfortunately we only just got around to checking it out.
Honestly, I didn't know what to expect, but I have recently heard some great feedback from some friends who tried it.
So, when we were looking for a place to go for dinner in Guelph this night we finally made the decision to go to Queens cafe.

This is a small restaurant in a tiny plaza so there is not a lot of seating. Luckily there was a table at the back of the restaurant where we could done, because the front was packed and it looked like we were not going to get a table.
The restaurant looks very nice inside. Clean, open Concept, long and narrow.
The service started out strong, but there was a long gap between our apps and when we got dinner.
There was a table of 2 ladies who sat a while after we already finished our apps and they were getting their meals before we did.

The food options are really good. Individual prices are very reasonable. The food is beautifully prwswnted, fresh ingredients, beautiful combinations, and everything was dwlicious.
I had the lamb chops which was a special menu item and it was amazing. Perfectly cooked, fresh and properly cooked sides of mashed potatoes and veggies.
The salmon was perfection and the Shanghai stir-fry was full of flavour.
The apps we had calamari and egg rolls, and they were very tasty.

The food is amazing. I really enjoyed everything we had.

I have 2 suggestions for anyone visiting this restaurant
1) make reservations to ensure a table - it is a small restaurant
2) ask the price of the specials before ordering. The lamb chops were considerably more expensive than most menu items. (They were worth it, but just a bit of a shock)

This is definitely going to be a regular place for us to eat in Guelph. The food was fantastic and I definitely want to try everything on the menu.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent lunch outing! Food, service and customer service were amazing, So much so, we are planning our next visit. Thank you, thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don’t be fooled by the name, this is not a café; it is a full-service restaurant with fabulous food and superb service. Really surprised it’s number 35 especially after looking at some of the ones ahead of it which are not nearly as good!
Absolutely my favourite spot in Guelph!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank 428maureenl
Reviewed January 12, 2020

I'm solo so I don't dine in, but they always have my order ready for me when I call for pick up,and it's always hot and fresh. There fries are amazing!!!

1  Thank Elitecontainers
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Wonderful little spot. We made reservations and had a short wait until our table was ready but we had some complimentary apps provided for us. Food was delicious. Short ribs delicious and tender, pickerel special with pomegranate topping over risotto and I had Thai noodles. Everyone’s meal was great, hot, flavourful and great presentation. Would definitely recommend

1  Thank Catherinemiller

Been to Queen's Cafe? Share your experiences!