“Why would you eat pizza anywhere else?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Rockwood
“Why would you eat pizza anywhere else?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I can't believe how rotten the pizza is in Ontario/Canada. I'm from California, and I can't believe what passes for pizza here. Like how did Boston Pizza, New Orleans Pizza, or Toppers become chains? They are mostly poorly cooked dough with mediocre tomato sauce and scant toppings. I disliked every pizza I tried when I first moved here!! All of them tasted terrible.
We tried Trokadero's when I read a college student's review of having eaten at every pizza restaurant in Guelph, and that he found it "hands down" the best pizza in town.
He was absolutely right!!!! The crust is unbelievable--so hot, perfectly cooked, and authentic. We have only had the gourmet pizzas. The DeMateo with goat cheese, chicken, red pepper, and we have them add some pineapple is now a once-a-week treat at our house. My husband didn't even like pizza until we found this restaurant--now he's thrilled whenever I say I don't feel like cooking and could he pick up pizza. He loves it maybe more than I do!
The owners and staff are very nice; they have never messed up an order, and they are usually ready in 20 minutes when you call the order in.
I almost hate to submit the review as I love how uncrowded and easy to get in and get out the place is. There is really no real seating; they have delivery, but we drive in from Rockwood to get it. It is so fantastic--it is definitely worth the drive.
This small business deserves to triple in size when it comes to authentic Italian taste, good service, and high quality. Give them a try. That college student was right--I am very sure that this is the best pizza currently in town!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mike B

Guelph, Canada
“Best pizza in Guelph.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Expect a generously topped pizza cooked to perfection.

Visited March 2012