“Still looking for the Best Indian Restaurant in Guelph”

Diwa Classic Indian Cuisine
Ranked #33 of 408 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food was good as was the service. I am a bit spoiled as I have had great Indian food in Bermuda (House of India!) and I am trying to find someplace as good here. Diwa is good, but just not as good. No complaints and we will probably go again, unless I find someplace better!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

It's a special treat to have such good Indian food in Guelph. The Pakoras are tasty (not greasy), the veggie dishes are spectacular (the eggplant, saag paneer, mutter paneer mmmm) and I'd highly recommend the halibut Goan curry.

2  Thank Lynn K
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This word best describes our experience at Diwa Classic. We hadn't been for awhile and the place has improved the decor but kept it subdued and classy. The food was better than ever. Each spice flavour stood out on it's own. Except for ordering too much for four people (we wanted it all!) every morsel was appreciated. There seemed to be lot's of lamb to choose from despite our American friend's disappointment ( were they at the this restaurant or another downtown Guelph restaurant?) Nevertheless the halibut, chicken sizzler, appetizer plate and cardamom laced rice pudding and mango 'ice cream'. The gracious hostess/owner suggested a balanced selection that satisfied our appetite. We can't wait to go back and will make this a regular 'go to' choice including the take out option and dine at home whilst enjoying a meal from heaven!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were looking forward to this place. Hiked for 6 hours and wanted a good lamb dinner. No lamb! How can an Indian restaurant not have lamb?.. Then they had the nerve to,charge $3.50 for some rice. We can see why the place was almost empty.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As an Indian, I know how Indian food should be like. We went out with other peers for the buffet, this being my first time. I have been to Penny whistles and Spice 11 for their buffets, so I know what other things have. I found the food good and was a reasonably priced buffet. They had both meat and veggie options and had quite a few of both. What I liked, compared to Spice 11, was that it was not overly oily nor was too much spices. I like spice, but not to the extent my mouth is on fire and I cannot taste anything else! We had a big group so we called it in a few days prior, and they were good with accommodating us.

2  Thank Preety18