“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were looking forward to this place. Hiked for 6 hours and wanted a good lamb dinner. No lamb! How can an Indian restaurant not have lamb?.. Then they had the nerve to,charge $3.50 for some rice. We can see why the place was almost empty.

There are newer reviews for Diwa Classic Indian Cuisine

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As an Indian, I know how Indian food should be like. We went out with other peers for the buffet, this being my first time. I have been to Penny whistles and Spice 11 for their buffets, so I know what other things have. I found the food good and was a reasonably priced buffet. They had both meat and veggie options and had quite a few of both. What I liked, compared to Spice 11, was that it was not overly oily nor was too much spices. I like spice, but not to the extent my mouth is on fire and I cannot taste anything else! We had a big group so we called it in a few days prior, and they were good with accommodating us.

2  Thank Preety18
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was recommended to us that we try Diwa for authentic Indian food,and we were certainly not disappointed. I must confess that my previous knowledge of Indian cuisine did not extend beyond butter chicken and beef Vindaloo, so my eyes were opened. The restaurant is small and located in a strip plaza, but it was clean and well-appointed. They were in the midst of some renovations but that was only a minor inconvenience. Our waitress was very engaging and also attentive, despite the crowds in the restaurant. The food was all excellent, from starters through dessert, and the price was good for a dinner for two. Based on my first experience, I would say it is definitely worth a return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I always bring friends here because the food is so good. It is a little pricey but not bad. The atmosphere is okay but could use with a little money spent.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food here is delicious! I've been here multiple times with my family for the lunch buffet, and I enjoy the variety of food. Everything here tastes fresh. The atmosphere is great, and the decor is lovely. If you like Indian food, this is the place to go!