“Hot and Sour fried rice unlikely any other”

Ming Teh Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Fort Erie
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Niagara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot and Sour fried rice unlikely any other”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hot and Sour Fried Rice, Moo Shho Chicken, Hot and Sour Soup and many, many other excellent choices here! The price is reasonable for the amount of food served!

1 Thank ifyoubuildit

Hamburg, New York
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ordered Fried Dumplings and a new menu item with chicken and ginger my wife ordered wonton soup and a noodle dish both were excellent. Fresh ingredients make the difference along with very friendly staff who I guess are the owners. We will be back. That said, I felt it was a bit expensive at $60+ with 2 local beers. Nice view of the Niagara River flowing by.

McLean, Virginia
“Consistently outstanding”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ming teh has unbelievable Chinese food - delicate favors. Every dish is phenomenal. My favorites are the chewy dried fried beef strips, moo shu, and basa fish. We've been eating here for decades and love it each and every time. We live outside of DC and have eaten Chinese food in most major US cities and Ming Teh is the best.

1 Thank LDMclean_10
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Beautiful River View; Ambiance; Food with Flavour”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hostess at this restaurant quickly greeted us with a smile and seated us at a table near windows in the "river view" room" Upon entering the restaurant, you are struck by it ambiance. There are interesting and tasteful chinoiserie ornaments sprinkled throughout the establishment. The south and east walls are all expansive airy windows where the Niagara River can be seen, making for pleasant dining. The food is Chinese, although I would say it is adapted to the local palette, as it should be. For those looking for very authentic dishes, I would inquire as the chef can offer suggestions to you. While there are dishes from various areas of China, most appear to be from the Southwest, reflecting Szechuan (Sichuan) cuisine or slightly bolder flavours. I opted to start with the vegetarian hot and sour soup, spiced "hot". While the menu offers to spice dishes to your liking, I would have classified my soup as mild, but I enjoyed it all the same. The lemon chicken was fine and so was the asparagus, mushrooms and snow pea medley. All dishes were well presented. You may wish to try the Jasmine spare ribs here also, they are quite delicious and were recommended to me by a local. Chopsticks are available on request. The server was effective at sequencing the meal, pleasant and attentive without being obsequious. I mentioned a "river view room" earlier in this review - while both dining rooms have a view of the river and outside, the "best" view would be at the back of the restaurant in this four season "river view" room. If you wanted to ensure a table here on busier nights, I would recommend reservations. Ming Teh has been well maintained inside and out, and while it is casual like its neighbouring competition, it has less of a "diner" feel, instead suggesting more of a slightly higher end casual restaurant with server finesse, and slightly higher menu prices. This would be suitable for special occasion or large groups. Restrooms are clean, up to date, and accessible. Restaurant is also accessible for disabled. Major credit cards accepted, debit and cash.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ciaran49
notl
“moo shoo pork and hot and sour soup”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's not often I get to say anything nice about a place because I'm a very critical person.
But this place is the exception.
Warm friendly atmosphere almost on the edge of the raging Niagara River, the staff are all sincerely happy to see their customers and treat them better than family.
The food, OVER THE TOP. Wow.
Our doctor friend from Buffalo brings his family over once a week and told us about the place.
The street parking and parking lot showed New Yorkers like it also. They can accommadate large groups also.

• Visited July 2013